Late...again?

This is to all of the people who have voted, or fanned, or commented.  Thanks so much guys! I love you!!!!! <3 Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Picture of James on the side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm. I groaned and rolled over to check the time. It took a few seconds for the gung in my eyes to clear up before I could make out the glowing blue numbers right in front of my face. 8:09

"NO!" I yelped as I sat straight up in bed, or at least, attempted to. My sheets legs were so surrounded by the covers that I ended up falling off of my bed onto the floor.

"What happened? WHERE'S THE FIRE?!" James screamed as his toppled into my room, a spatula in one hand, while a fly swatter occupied the other. He stopped dead when he saw the mess that was technically me, writhing and rolling on the floor. "What are you doing?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"I'm late! The shop opens at 9 today, and its 8 fucking 10!"

"It's actually 8 fucking 13," James corrected, amused. "Why didn't you set your alarm for earlier, then?"

"I must've hit snooze. And I might not be able to see you, but you better wipe that smart ass grin off of your face." James's face drooped. "Ah HA!" I exclaimed as tore off the sheets. I took off past the temporarily silent figure by the door and down the hall to the bathroom, stripping down and clambering into the shower. James walked in a minute later and leaned against the sink as I finished rinsing conditioner from my hair.

"What's the big deal? You've had less time than this to get ready before. What's going on?"

"What's going on is that I'm late-"

"This has happened before."

"-I need to shower-"

"I can see that," He interrupted interjected.

"-And apparently there are supposed to be guests coming today-"

"Bingo." James sang. I poked my head around the curtain.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Just wondering why you want to be so gorgeous to go to work?"

"Gorgeous?" I replied grabbing a towel and stepping out of the tub as James averted his eyes. "More like clean?"

"Well sometimes you're not even that!" He said with a chuckle following me out of the bathroom. I simply rolled my eyes and slammed my bedroom door in his face.

After a minute James asked, "Is this about a guy?" From inside my room I froze from gathering my stuff as I felt tears welling up in my eyes. How the hell could he possibly think that? After everything that's happened over the past year, he honestly thinks that I'm getting 'dolled up' for work to see some GUY?! "Well...are guys the 'guests that are coming?" He persisted after a few minutes of silence.

"No," I said flatly, opening my door. James stood in the frame, a sad and knowing look upon his face. "What?" I muttered as I pushed passed him, making my way to the kitchen. I ignored his half-hearted apologies, pausing at the door to grab my coat. As I pulled on my gloves I pretended I didn't feel James standing behind me.

"Bell, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry." I didn't answer. "Bell?" He put a hand on my arm to stop me from positioning my scarf around my neck. "Bell I said I was-"

I turned around and cut him off before he could say another word. "How the hell could you?" I spat. "You know I'm not ready yet. You don't think I know he's been gone for fucking forever? You don't think I want to be over him, to forget him!" I took a deep breath. "I think about him every day, James. And it hurts; it hurts so much because I feel like could've stopped him." When I ended my voice broke, I hadn't even noticed that I was gradually growing softer. I glanced up and noticed his eyes were blank, shining with tears and grief. I felt tear tracks of my own sticky on my cheeks and turned, roughly wiped them off, while at the same time feeling James' worried eyes on my back. "But what's done is done," I tried to smile but it was weak. "And nothing I do will ever bring him back."

I resumed piling on clothing, and finished placing my grey beanie on my wavy almond colored hair that naturally fell about a third of the way down my back. I opened the door, and was suddenly hit by a wave of ice cold. I was instantly thankful I'd taken the time to put on some extra layers. I paused before turning back and giving James a small kiss on the cheek.

"I know you're just trying to look out for me," I whispered, looking into his eyes. "But understand that I am trying as hard as I possibly can, to get over him." I ended with a small smile. For a second, he just stood there and looked at me like he wanted to say something. Then eventually, he choked out-

"I just want you to be okay again." My smile fell and I pulled him close and wrapped my arms tightly around him. He returned the hug without hesitation, and I was instantly surrounded by the smell that made me feel so at ease.

"I am okay," I whispered against his chest. I quickly unclasped myself from him and walked away, leaving him in the doorway. You might be curious on why I left such a loving precious moment so soon, but the abrupt leaving was because of the lie. The lie that both of us knew I had told. If I had stayed any longer, James would've started to contradict, and to be honest, I just didn't have the strength left to disagree. For James and I were the only people in the entire world that understood just how utterly un-okay I truly was.

(James P.O.V.)

I watched her speed away, brown curls flying under her beanie. At times, she reminded me so much of Abigail, even if they weren't related. But then again, we aren't related, and she's my miniature identical twin. It pained me to see her so hurt, after everything that's happened in the past few months, I've honestly lost all hope that she can get be happy again. Especially after last night, as she cried over her nightmares. I just hope she finds someone that will make her feel worth something again, just like he used to.