Chapter 1

Authors note: Picture at the top is what Skyler looks like

---Skyler---

I always knew I wasn't normal, the mysterious kid who just so happens to have scars in the form of some sort of sacred magical thing. I was also the child that some famous people took in as their own. I was a black haired child whose parents are blondes more like toe heads to be exact.  My aparents were worried about what the world would do to me if anyone found out about what I was so they taught me how to fight to help me be protected.

5 years later, after I had passed my parents test, I was sitting outside doing my math homework, when suddenly an owl started to dive towards me. Thinking this bird was trying to attack me, I flailed my arms trying to wave this dive bombing devil away. I then noticed an envelope in its talons, I calmed down and the demon dropped the envelope on top of my head. I looked at who it was addressed to and saw my name. I didn't have any friends, definitely not any who would send me mail, and definitely not delivering mail with an owl. So I opened the envelope and read the contents.

After I had read the message 5 times I yelled to my parents, "Mom...Dad...I got a letter that says I've been accepted to go to a school called 'Hogwarts'...did you sign me up for this?" At hearing this my dad bursts through the door, picks me up and puts me on the couch, and I hear the soft click of the door being locked. Something is wrong? After 30 mins of watching my dad pace the small living room I asked, "Ok what the fuck is going on?" At my outburst my mom turns and tells my dad, "It's time she knows hun." My dad didn't say anything, I knew he was considering every angle of whatever I was to know. Sighing my dad says, "Skyler Moon follow me" I knew something was wrong, and if I didn't know before I definitely knew now. My father never says my full name unless it was super important.

As I followed my father down the hallway and stopped at one of the doors which led to a room I was never allowed to go into. As my dad opened the door and gestured for me to go in I was aware of a weird impulse pulling me into the room. I let the magic pull me, I knew there was no point in fighting the supernatural; I read WAY to many fantasy books; and my parents had said to follow any strange feelings I have. As I got pulled closer towards where the magic was coming from, I noticed the boxes in the room. But one box stood out from the others. A black box and carved into it was a moon, the magical pull was taking me towards the box. I took the box and passed my dad who was leaning against the doors frame. I went straight to the couch, the box sitting on my lap, I took the box cutter from my mothers hand, I sliced the bonds keeping the box shut. As soon as the box was freed from the bonds I was overwhelmed with the power it had held. The overwhelming feeling passed as soon as it came, curious by what else the box held, so I looked at the rest of the box's contents and found a crystal ball, a stick with electric green veins, and a moon stone necklace with eclipse earrings.

I put on the jewelry, then I ask my mother, " Mom what's the sphere and stick for?" My mother came and sat next to me and started her explanation, " The sphere is a way for you to look at someone or something that might be halfway around the world, and the stick isn't a stick, it's a lunar wand, the last one of its kind". I thought about what she said and I found the hidden message in her words. "NO", I screamed, "No you are not sending me away to a school halfway across the world," my mom just looked at me with tears in her eyes, " You have to for your safety and ours, as your power grows so does the danger of someone noticing that your not of this world. And we cannot train your abilities anymore than we have, especially now that your full powers have been returned." I shook my head so hard I could feel my brain hitting the sides of my head, "No..pls don't send me away", I said very near hysteria, "You need me here." My mom just looked at me and said, "If you won't go for your benefit then go for me, this school will teach you how to stay hidden and you'll be able to come back to us after the school year." I hugged my mother, I knew a losing battle with my mother when I saw one, I grabbed the magical items I was gonna need, and walked to my room to pack.