Chapter 1

" I dare life to do something."

Kang Seulgi sighed loudly and laid on her lavish bed.
Did she really have to take up this assignment?
Of course , it was the only way for her to redeem her marks.
Having a penpal.. how hard could it be... right?
She got up and headed to her university.
She had to take this assignment, she needs to pull up her grades , and this was the only way to do so.

"I have made my mind , sir. Please sign me up for the penpaling assignment." She said with a monotone voice.
"Good Seulgi. I am happy to see you putting effort in trying to get better grades." Her professor said.

Meanwhile in another city, lived Lee Taeyong.
"Aish , but how will penpaling help hyung?!" Taeyong said as his brother tried convincing him to take up the assignment.
"Taeyong , you haven't had a best friend ever since Ten moved back to Thailand. If you don't want to socialize in real life , socialize through letters , it's been long enough! You need to get a friend! I'm tired of seeing you so lonely!" His brother Lee Taemin , exclaimed.
"But do I really need to social-"
"Yes you do , now no arguments , go tell your professor to write your name down for the penpaling assignment." Taemin said as he hugged Taeyong tight.
"Please come back to how you were earlier , I miss the real you." Taemin said as he held Taeyong tighter.
"I'll try hyung." Taeyong said softly , hugging him back.

Seulgi , of course was a popular person. She was super talented , she loved dancing , so she was known all over Busan for being a dancing legend. She had even appeared on various TV shows. Mostly everyone wanted to be her friend because of that. She had a huge comfort zone when it came to socializing , so she was the social butterfly if the town. Her dad owned an oil business , and her mom worked with him in the same company. Life was going extremely well for Seulgi.

Taeyong on the other hand , was a no one in Seoul. He belonged to the reputed Lee family.
His older brother Lee Taemin , his older sister Lee Chaerin , his other older sister Lee Jieun and his younger brother Lee Minhyung. He had a family of 7 , and he was the only one in the family who didn't have a specific talent.
Taemin being a god of dance , while Chaerin being an epitome of rapping , while Jieun was gifted with a voice enough to melt ice and Minhyung was talented at pretty much everything. He was the sole Lee child that didn't have talent. He was an outcast for the society , but his parents supported him well nevertheless.

Both of them had opted for a Penpaling assignment , for different reasons of their own.
Seulgi headed to her university. Today was the day she was supposed to get her partner or penpal. She came to know that her penpal lived in Seoul.
She was pretty excited , to be honest. She was always fascinated by Seoul. The buzzing city of Korea, unlike Busan , which was not as popular as Seoul.

Taeyong was still pretty hesitant on weather he should sign up for this assignment. He didn't want to step outside his comfort zone , but he thought that since they will be communicating through letters , it should be fine. He took a deep breath to calm himself down and sat in the class. The professor walked around the class with a box , that had the chits of people who were meant to be your partner. Taeyong's mind started working faster and faster as the box approached him. Will the person be from Korea? Will they be from somewhere he has been? Will they be nice? What if the never reply? Are they a male or a female? His mind was overflowing with questions as he dug his hand in the box , and picked the first chit his hand cams in contact with.

He slowly opened the chit and saw the name written in clean handwriting.

Kang Seulgi.
Villa no 4
Gyedan-Gil.
Busan.
South Korea.

He nodded his head. She was a female , who lived in Busan. He had been to Busan before , he liked it there. It made a hope in his heart that even the person who he will talk to will be as nice as how he remembers Busan.

Seulgi opened her chit and saw the name written in bold letters.

Lee Taeyong.
House no. 19
Yeonsang.
Seoul.
South Korea.

Seulgi looked with admiration towards the paper. She always wanted to visit Seoul.
She sighed and tucked the chit in her pocket , and headed home , in hopes of writing a letter and posting it today.

Meanwhile Taeyong walked home , kicking a rock ahead of him as he took a step. He was thinking about the assignment once again. Should I write the first letter? Or should I wait for her letter to arrive?

Both of them mindlessly walked ahead on their own paths.

Authors note: Hello guys! Welcome to the official first chapter of my second Seulyong book! (Shoutout to those people who have read the first one called 'Why')
I hope this book makes people happy by reading it , just as much as I am happy writing it!
If you like the chapters , please leave a comment , it is HIGHLY appreciated!!
Thank you to everyone who votes for the chapters , Have a great day ahead!