Chapter 8

"Watermelon Sugar , High"

Taeyong managed to tilt his head pack to its original position once more , now looking at his own red cheek in the wide mirror of the practice room. He felt ashamed of himself. He felt ashamed being a person like himself. He didn't want to be who he was anymore. The closest people of his life walked away when he was in the most desperate need for help.

He could sense that it was too much emotional and mental stress on him right now and it probably isn't his place to be here anymore. He tried standing up , slow and steady , every muscle of his body aching as the moved even the slightest. He picked up his duffel bag and walked out of the studio. Honestly , at this point he doesn't even know if his family will support him. His siblings might , but he isn't sure about his parents. He got lost in his own thoughts , completely avoiding how dizzy and dehydrated he was at the time. He barely managed to reach home , finding very one waiting for him over there.

"Taeyong you're back-" Chaerin said
"Are you ok?" Taemin said
"Hyung it's ok we trust you" Minhyung supported
"Oh my poor baby , I know how would never do anything of the sort." His mom tried to console
"He's not looking to good right now , I think he's about to pass out!" His dad warned
"Don't let him fall!!" They screamed.

Taeyong felt his body loose to the fatigue and stress as his balance slipped out of his control as his legs under him gave in and he fell towards the ground before blacking out.
———————————

"Taeyong ah , what flavor of ice creams should I get today?" She said , wearing a pineapple yellow colored dress.
"I don't know , you can choose what you like! I think I'm going to have vanilla." Taeyong says as he looked back at the lady.
"I'll get cookie crumble then!" Seulgi says , giving him one of her best smiles , as he smiled his heart back to her.
The shopkeepers could clearly feel the energy created in the shop that day.
"Taeyong ahhhh let's play something fun!" Seulgi said as she say down near a bench outside the ice cream parlor.
"Truth or truth?" Taeyong asked , giving her a smile worth millions.
"Yes!" She said. It had been about 11 months since Seulgi had shifted to Seoul, she had adapted very well. Her and Taeyong had already become close friends , and the curiosity on getting to know her friend persisted. She always felt some kind of way with Taeyong. Weather it was in a group or alone , her eyes would almost automatically seek for him , looking for his reaction every time something entertaining happened. All the signs of a minor , minor crush.

"Do you like someone right now? He asks , chewing on his cone happily.
"Do you think so?" She replies, taking a bite of her ice cream too.
"Well I'm not too sure , but yes or no?" He asks Seulgi , who was reluctant to lie to her own best friend.
"Y-yes" she managed to say . Before taeyong demanded to know who he ways , she quickly shut him up by putting his ice cream in his mouth.
"Shhhh, it's out secret" she says , meaning to say it shouldn't spread to anyone.

------------------

Taeyong flinched in his sleep. That scene from the past felt too good to be true. It was true though , before everything went downhill Seulgi and Taeyong were indeed that close.

"You're a disgusting piece of shit."
The sound of those 6 words kept repeating in Taeyong's mind.

He moved around more , not liking the thought of getting insults from his best friend.

He was flinching in his sleep , stirring and turning. He didn't want to sleep anymore. His life that was feeling like a dream had turned into a nightmare.

"you're a disappointment you know? a good for nothing" Seulgi told him in his dreams.

He woke up with a big gasp , sweat trickling down his face , but a little relief on his face realising it was a dream.