Chapter 5:

I woke up early-- too early considering the fact that I didn't knock out until after three in the morning last night. It was that stupid fanfiction's fault.

I couldn't get it out of my head as I laid there for about an hour, tossing and turning and trying to force myself to sleep. It proved to be a futile attempt, and I ended up picking up my phone, yet again, and continuing to read the story. I finished the whole damn book before I realized what exactly I was doing. I spent the next half hour just thinking about the story and how in love our characters were.

Then, my mind traveled back to the smut scene.

I felt myself getting turned on again, and I knew I had a problem. Harry was my best mate. I shouldn't ever think about him this way, yet here I was thinking about how good he would look with flushed cheeks and messy hair.

I decided that I had to talk to someone about all of these feelings, because they were far from healthy, but I knew it had to be someone that I trusted wholly and completely. So, I decided to talk to Liam.

He was always playing as the daddy of the group, constantly giving orders and keeping us in check, and he was also really good at keeping a secret. I would say he was probably my second closest mate in the band, right after Harry, though all of the lads were great and it was a close call.

I would choose to trust and confide in him, but if he even dared to try and tell somebody, he would end up very sorry that he opened his mouth.

I double checked the calendar that hung on the wall of our kitchen, making sure we didn't have any events to attend today, and I was so grateful to see that we were free today. I needed a day off if I was going to be so wrapped up in my head and confessing everything to Liam; almost everything.

I didn't exactly plan my speech as I walked to Liam's house, just a few houses away, and knocked on the door. I expected him to be up early, and I was right as the door opened only a couple of minutes later, revealing Liam already dressed in athletic clothes for the day. I didn't understand where he got so much energy from.

"Woah, mate, you look awful," Liam announced in shock, giving me a once over, and I knew I probably looked like death on his doorstep. It was how I felt, too.

I rolled my eyes as I pushed passed him and invited myself into his home. I made my way into his living room, hearing Liam shut the front door before gingerly following me. I plopped down on his massive sofa, forcing myself to stay seated even when every part of me was aching to lay back down and get some more sleep. This was just something I had to do now or never.

"Thanks," I tried to sass back, but my words came out in an exhausted tone. I sighed heavily and decided to just be honest with him. "I just didn't get much sleep last night."

I knew that problem was obvious from my appearance. I looked like a disheveled mess, I had bags under my eyes to show my lack of beauty sleep, and I felt a bit ill from the lack of rest. I also had a killer headache that seemed to place tension right behind my eyes.

"You? Not getting sleep? Something must be wrong then. You usually fall asleep within minutes of laying down," Liam joked, but I only sent him a small glare in return. I wasn't in much of a joking mood. Besides, he was acting as if my sleeping habits were anything close to Zayn's. Now that was a love of sleep.

Liam seemed to sense my short fuse today as his tone took on more of a serious approach, his smile slowly wiping off of his face as he moved to sit on the armchair right beside the sofa.

"What is it, Lou? What's bothering you?" Liam wondered, and I jist wanted to hug him for being such a genuine friend. "Did you and Harry get in trouble with management for the whole mall trip?"