Chapter 2

The night was almost over the Smiths all stood by the door saying goodbyes to the guests. Everyone giving thanks and compliments on the night, well deserved compliments as well, it had taken them ages to organise and decorate the huge hall that fit the whole town. The last to leave were the Royal family, which included the King, Uncle and two young handsome men, one of which excused himself and said he and the other man were leaving and would meet them back home once they were done with their conversations. And with a nod and simple ok they were gone. The king’s brother swung around in a harsh manner and yelled, “Finally! I’m king!” And within a second stabbed his brother in the chest and pushed him into the deep waterfall. The three sisters heard yelling and ran outside and hid behind the wall that only separated them from a murderer a killer a monster with no empathy at all.

He then turned and said, “I’m sorry…” But before anyone could restrain her Charlie ran out in a protecting and loving stance, “NO!” she screamed, “You’re not sorry! Stop!” He smiled and quickly slit under her rib cage and within a second blood began rushing down her beautiful white gown, soaking it. She pressed her fingertips to the spot and gasped. Just above it another two cuts appeared, and then three more openings on the other side. She ran to the water and dived in and just as her fingertips hit the water her long legs grew into a tail that shimmered in the moonlight. David turned and stabbed both of the adults in their chests and thinking there was no more witnesses carried the two bodies over his shoulder and threw them over the bridge into the raging water.

The two sisters cradled each other and when they knew he was gone walked over to the waterfall, there was no sight of their sister, they heard a nasty and threatening hiss come from the mermaids lips and a rustle in the forest behind and ran back to the hall. They stayed up all night in the hall; Angus was struggling to get to sleep and B stayed  up feeling it was her duty to now protect her sister, but their bodies could only take so much, exhausted their eyes closed and they fell into a deep sleep.

In the morning they were woken by the sun shining through the high windows of the hall just like the moon last night.

It got dark at night but there was always a light giving them hope of the morning sunlight.