𝟒𝟓. 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

Today is everyone's third day of being in california. They were still jet lagged yesterday after the long flights so we decided to have a chill movie day. So far, this trip has gone even better than I ever could have imagined. Having the entire group under one roof has been chaotic to say the least, but I don't think I have ever laughed harder than I have in the past thirty six hours.

Last night, before everyone went to sleep, we talked about our plans for today. I was half asleep during the conversation so I'm not exactly sure what everyone's plan is; although, I think I remember overhearing that Ana and Louis were planning on going somewhere together.

Mali and I agreed that today would be the perfect day to follow through with our touristy day that we planned when the idea for the trip was first mentioned.

Since it's still morning, our first thing to check of on our list is a visit to The Beachwood Cafe.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty!" Malina sings as she walks into my room.

"Morning! Are you excited for our cliché Los Angeles tourist day?" I ask, jokingly.

"Of course I am, I'll feel like a true movie star walking down The Hollywood Walk of Fame!" she says while reenacting exactly how she plans to strut down Hollywood Boulevard.

After about twenty more minutes of me planning my outfit and putting the finishing touches on my hair and makeup, we walk downstairs to meet everyone else.

"There you two are," Dylan exclaims, "We thought you went out on your adventure without even saying goodbye to us!"

"We would never!" Malina exclaims, pretending to take offense to his comment.

"Where are you guys off to first?" Anastasia questions.

"Beachwood Cafe," I reply.

"Good choice," Avi smiles, "Like true harries."

Louis and Dylan give us weird looks before making eye contact and the realization of what 'harries' are dawns on them.

"Right. That's the fruit man's cafe." Dylan says, making us all laugh.

A couple minutes later we say our goodbyes to everyone before I grab my car keys and walk to the garage.

"I can't get over the fact that this is your car. It's a dream." Malina exclaims, pointing out my 2014 Jeep Wrangler which I have decorated with fake flowers on the interior.

"It's pretty basic, and definitely cliché for a teen girl living in Los Angeles, but she's cute." I laugh.

The cafe is only a twenty minute drive from my house so the drive wasn't too stressful. As expected, we played Fine Line during the entire car ride, pausing to belt out lyrics in between conversations.

Once we got inside I ordered stuffed french toast with a cold brew and Malina ordered an omelette and green tea.

"So our next stop on the list is Melrose." I say.

"I will in fact be spending my entire bank account on clothes so I hope you realize that you will have to help me carry all the bags." She jokes.

"Okay," I laugh, "But anyways, how are you liking L.A. so far?"

"Honestly, it's terrible." She deadpans, "Just kidding, it's been a lot of fun! I do still prefer New York though so I'm gonna have to convert you to a New York kinda gal."

"That's not gonna be too difficult for you to do. I love it there, the main issue is the bugs... they are huge." I wince.

"You're not wrong, but I'm worth dealing with a couple cockroaches, right?" Malina questions.

"Possibly," I say while heat rises to my face.

About half an hour later, we make our way back to my car and start the drive to Melrose Avenue. Malina kept true to her word and did in fact buy enough clothes to fill up three bags for us to carry, each. Now that we are back in the car, music has started again but this time The Neighbourhood is blasting through my car's speakers.

"Wait!" Malina exclaims, making me slam on the brakes in the middle of the road.

"What?" I gasp.

"We need to go to the stars and the Hollywood sign!" she says.

"Mal! You can't just yell like that when I'm driving! We could have caused a car accident," I try to scold her seriously before starting to laugh.

"Sorry," she says sheepishly, "Can we please go though?"

"Yeah," I reply.

As we pass the 'Do You Know Who You Are?' and 'Treat People With Kindness' signs on Hollywood Boulevard, Malina leans out the window to get a picture. A little while later after the almost accident, Malina secured her pictures, looking like a true tourist.

We decided to stop one last time for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants before heading home.