CHP: 21

Alex.

Today I announced the names of those who were being promoted. After announcing Blaze as the deputy chief of the digital marketing team and Rose as his assistant everyone walked out. Ofcourse people will talk, now that I have appointment him to that position. But papa asked me to do it, he said that I should appointment him to any post only if I think he's capable enough. He was working on things since he turned 17 and when we talk about work he is never lagging behind, I have never looked at his work and thought that he was not doing it properly. Blaze sat into the chair and kept swirling it as soon as the door was closed.

"Why did you appointment me as the deputy chief?" He asked.

"Because I want to keep you close to me so that I can teach you about business more practically" I said.

"And why did you appointed her as my assistant?" He asked again.

"So that she can learn all of those things as well" I said and he frowned as if he didn't liked the answer. "You look cute when you make a face like that, I wonder how does a person like you is still single and virgin. A cute guy like you" I made fun of me.

"Don't you dare call me that" he said.

"I want to see you on the CEO's seat Blaze as soon as possible and then I want to see you sitting on the chairman's seat" I said.

"Alex, why can't just you be the chairman? You are over qualified for the president's post and everyone knows that" he asked, the same thing again.

"Blaze, I have always dreamt of taking you back home. To the place which rightfully belongs to you, I will always be there by your side but I want you to be the next chairman, I will persuade papa for it. But just make sure to show him how dedicated you are towards your work " I said. He thought for a moment then got up and turned around to walk out when I said "I'm going to meet papa today" he stopped but didn't turned around, just nodded slightly and walked out.

∆∆

Oscar.

Dad sat there behind the desk on his chair like a emperor sitting on his throne, just like always his hair were neatly combed back, his coat was hanging at the back of his huge chair

Dad sat there behind the desk on his chair like a emperor sitting on his throne, just like always his hair were neatly combed back, his coat was hanging at the back of his huge chair. His desk was piled up with file which he was signing after reading them. I stood there and he quickly closed the file and shifted it aside as he realised it was me who has entered his office. He called for refreshments and I still stood there looking at my father whom I loved and respected the most. He asked me to take a seat in front of him. I sat there looking at him wondering, why is it that people think he has an intimidating personality? Or maybe I don't feel like them because I grew up calling him papa. Maybe because people have always seen the studious and clean side of him but it's me who knows how childish even he can be some times just like Blaze.

"Alex, you shouldn't have come here directly. Why didn't you get some rest before meeting me?" He asked.

"Papa, I'm not tired. I had a good news for you" I said and he spoke "I will listen to it, but before that I want to ask you something. How about taking over my seat by the end of this year? Have you given it a second thought as you promised me back then? " He asked while leaning forward and placing his warm hands on mine. This is exactly how warm his hands were when I held them for the first time, he was so happy that he picked me up in his arms. That was my first day of school and I was scared, the moment we reached to the schools gate we got off and the principal stood there to greet papa. He was asking me to follow him in, to the school. Before the principal's hand could reach me I grabbed papa's hand and he was so happy that he picked me up and took me to the class room himself. Mom came to pick me up and that day after so long I for the first time felt that I had two people around me to protect me though they would gain nothing by doing it. It took me a while to realise that all they wanted was the same kind of love and care that they were giving me, that's the only thing they were greedy about. They wanted me to acknowledge that they were my parents, my family that's it.