1

Yoongi had recently moved into a new neighbourhood. He grabbed his belongings from the trunk of the car and headed upstairs to his new room.

While unpacking, he thought of what his new school would be like. Would he still get bullied or have a peaceful school year for once? He thought to himself quietly as he placed his plain notebook filled with song lyrics and his music equipment on the mellow table in the dark corner of his room near the window.

As soon as he had finished, he fell back onto his bed exhausted and stared at the ceiling until his phone began to buzz. Yoongi reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. The corners of his lips turned up as a text from his best friend, namjoon, was displayed on the notification bar.

Joonie: Have you moved in yet?

            Yoonie: yeah I did

Joonie: I guess we won't be seeing each other as much 😔

               Yoonie: yeah 😔

Joonie: let's go out and eat pizza

Yoonie: pizza hut or domino's

Joonie: papa John's 🤩

Yoonie: alright see you in 30
                       minutes

Joonie: bye bye

Yoongi got up and walked over to his small wardrobe. He chose to wear a simple grey oversized hoodie with tight black ripped jeans and a plain black cap. After grabbing his phone and wallet, he shoved his feet into his black converse high tops and left the house in a hurry to not be late.

As yoongi walked closer to papa John's, he peered through the massive window and spotted namjoon with a medium sized pepperoni pizza in front of him and two cans of coca cola. He hurried inside and sat down with namjoon.

"Did you wait long?" yoongi asked, taking a slice of the warm cheesy pizza.
"Only about five minutes." namjoon joked as two deep dimples appeared on his cheeks.

After the appetizing dinner, they decided to say their goodbyes and head home. Once yoongi had reached his house, he took off his shoes and raced upstairs, changed his clothes and landed promptly on his bed. He scrolled through Instagram for a while before deciding it was time to go to sleep.

He placed his phone on top of the chest of drawers and headed to the bathroom to wash up. He trudged back to his room and laid down on his bed, the chirping crickets breaking the isolating silence.

After many failed attempts to try and fall asleep, yoongi gave up miserably and plopped himself into his rotating chair, grabbed a pen and began to think of song lyrics. Momentarily , a flurry of raindrops started to patter on the window.

Yoongi ambled to the window and was about to shut it until he saw a young boy in the garden, possibly his age or younger, running around in the rain and jumping into tiny water filled apertures.

His unique features captured yoongi's interest. His long face and razor-sharp
jawline was breathtaking and his long and linear nose was the epitome of perfect. His slightly pointed ears and extremely defined cupids bow gave him an elf/fairy resemblance. His cheekbones rised further upwards as his adorable heart-shaped smile lit up the gloomy sky and his big, smiley double eye-lids squinted with joy. Tiny dimples formed on his squishable cheeks whenever he compressed his lips and his lanky and toned figure left yoongi defenseless. He embodied the idiom "apples on one's cheeks" perfectly and he had the charm and charisma of a Disney Prince. His Pulchritude was ethereal and unconventional. Every aspect of him compelled yoongi to discover more about him.

He was wearing dark blue jeans with suspenders and a light green bomber jacket with black sleeves, accompanied by a thin black choker wrapped rigorously around his neck. Yoongi suddenly felt his heart rate expedite. Then, he regained his composure and warned the lively male.

"What are you doing?! You're gonna get sick if you keep on running in the rain!" yoongi called out but not too loud to disturb the neighbours nearby.
The childlike boy stood still at the sound of the older's voice and looked up at the window, making immediate eye contact with each other. His empty, pitch black eyes were large and round like saucers and portrayed a feeling of loneliness which caused yoongi to shudder.

"who are you anyways?" yoongi asked to break the uncomfortable silence. The latter showed no sign of giving an answer.

"What's your name?" yoongi asked slowly so that the drenched boy could understand him. Still no response.

"I guess you don't talk, do you?" the older male gave up since there was no sign of the young boy giving an answer anytime soon.

"I'll call you...hoseok, okay?" The younger male stood frozen. A small and ambiguous smile showed up on his face. It was warm and welcoming which contrasted with his melancholy and hollow expression. A tiny grin lingered upon yoongi's lips as he shut the window and went to back to bed, thinking about the lonely boy he just met in the garden.

_____________𖣔 ᪥ 𖣔 ᪥ 𖣔_____________

So...is it good so far?
On a scale of one to ten, how much are you cringing?