2

Yoongi woke up in the morning and decided to say 'good morning' to the boy he met last night but, as he looked through the window, all he could see was damp, wilting grass accompanied by a rusty bicycle no one had used in years. Yoongi's eyes scanned the area in search of hoseok but it was no use. It was as if he had crumbled to dust and was swept away by the wind. He started to get ready and left to go to school.

While he was at his new school, yoongi couldn't stop thinking about the incident he had the night before. He was confused on whether it was just a dream or not.

The wind howled as the students arrived through the gates, hustling and bustling down the corridors. Friends greeted each other with a hug or a playful punch while newcomers stood looking scared. The seniors stood, tall and proud, confidence born of experience. Soon, the bells rang and everybody ran except an occasional slowcoach or chatterbox.

Yoongi stealthily walked into his class, avoiding eye contact with various people. As he walked to an unoccupied desk near the back of the class, he sat down swiftly and studied the room for a short while.

Stale air circulated around the hot sweltering classroom and initiated the desire to open a window and breathe life into the room. The aroma of dust particles on the floor and the cleaning fluid used to clean the floors had a pungent scent. The faint sound of ballpoint pens and markers scribbling onto paper was overwhelmed by the noisy gossip of the students and the overpowering smell of cheap perfume wafted in the air. The decaying flowers inside of the dainty vase near the windowsill no longer looked its natural hue.

The classroom was large and filled with rows of single miniature desks, one behind another. Small congregations of students were situated in different parts of the room. Loud chatter could be heard from all areas. Some scholars gossiped while others bragged redundantly.

Suddenly, a sequence of heavy footsteps could be heard, vaguely, on the wooden floorboards walking towards the door. All the students speedily walked to their seats as the door slowly opened.

The monotone buzz of several voices hummed like an orchestra of deadbeat droids. A single figure entered the room, sheer authority silenced the group.

The teacher wore a clean shirt and buttoned it up fully to support the elegant tie he was wearing. On top of the shirt, he was wearing a chic vest with 7 buttons, it had a narrow v-line, which allowed the top to remain visible even when the suit's jacket was buttoned up.

The jacket perfectly wrapped around his body. It had a subtle pinstripe pattern which gave the suit an elegant look. The 5 buttons of his double breasted jacket were all buttoned up with the exception of one, a subtle but very effective touch of informality. The jacket had no vent, there was a pocket on either side and a breast pocket which has been left empty.

He was wearing pants which copied the style of the jacket, both in color and pattern and was accompanied by a modest belt and a graceful pair of croc embossed leather Oxfords.

The uncompromising, unsympathetic and scrupulous ambience surrounding him made yoongi and all the other students tense up. The air grew bitterly cold which caused the students to shiver. Yoongi glanced at the window to his right, which was closed shut, looked back at the teacher who was now sitting sprucely at his desk. Judging from the hushed yet terrifying entrance, he could already tell this year was going to be a long one.

As soon as yoongi got home, he flopped onto his bed after a tedious day of school and scrolled through his phone. He put his phone beside him and laid there in utter silence, staring blankly at the ceiling. His train of thoughts was abruptly put to an end as his phone buzzed. Yoongi picked up his phone, revealing a text from namjoon.

Joonie: so how's your new school?

             Yoonie: it's good

Joonie: Did you make any friends yet?

                  Yoonie: nope

Joonie: I hope you do soon

I don't want you to be lonely

      Yoonie: Don't worry I'll
    probably make friends soon

                      Bye 🥺💕

Joonie: bye bye 🥺💕

Yoongi slowly placed his phone back onto his bed and walked over to the window. He saw hoseok again, who was strolling around in the garden.

"you're still here, seokie?" yoongi asked. Hoseok looked up towards the window and smiled brightly at him. Yoongi instantly fell in love with his smile. It had a feeling of warmth and happiness while his eyes told a different story.

He smiled back at the boy with his signature sweet gummy smile and slowly closed the window. Yoongi walked over to his bed and laid there restless as the memory of his newfound friend distracted him from his sleep.

_____________𖣔 ᪥ 𖣔 ᪥ 𖣔_______________

Are you still cringing?

By the way, in Korea, students leave school really late (like at midnight or 1am sometimes) which is why yoongi is sleeping right after he gets home.