Sunrise

A crisp,but sunny morning somewhere in Mexico,1952.

Sitting on the beach in their usual spot,Gwendolyn was enjoying her cup of coffee,her arms wrapped loosely around Mildred,the redhead gazing excitedly at the sky,eagerly awaiting the sunrise. She always enjoyed waking up early,hearing the sound of every animal who was just waking up themselves. Gwendolyn watched in adoration and contentment. She loved the way the younger woman was so passionate about nature,how her face lit up just talking about it. If Mildred was happy,so was she.

As the sun rose,the crispness of the morning had seemed to dissipate,as a wave of warmth washed over the women. Mildred cooed at the sight,turning to Gwen,she asked,"Isn't it the most wonderful thing you've ever seen?" Her smile was as radiant as the sun rising behind her.

With her patience wearing thin waiting for a response,the redhead turned around,now facing Gwen completely. "Gwendolyn?" she sighed. The older woman chuckled,slightly amused by the question. Setting her coffee down in the sand beside her,she took Mildred's hands into her own,while gazing into her big brown eyes. "Oh,my darling,you don't know,do you?" she could feel the redhead trembling. "kn-know w-what?" she stumbled over her words,worried about what the blonde might say next.

Gwendolyn let go of her hands for a moment,cupping Mildred's face,wiping the tear falling down her face with her thumb. "That YOU," her smile widened. "are the most wonderful thing I've ever seen. Yes,the sunrise is very lovely,but nothing will ever compare to you." Mildred's eyes softened,and she leaned into Gwendolyn,burying her face in the older woman's shoulder. Gwen held her,placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head. Mildred pulled away slightly,so that her eyes could meet the blonde's,but not leaving her grip.

"Gwen. I don't-" Gwendolyn interrupted before she could get another word in. "Don't. Don't you say that. You do deserve my love,you deserve the whole world and more,Mildred Ratched. I love you,do you hear me?" Mildred closed her eyes,while crying,she managed to utter the words. "I do. And I love you too. So mu-" Gwen interrupted again,this time with a kiss.