Chapter 21 : Anonymous

Driving to work, I had many things to ask to Nishikio. Did I really mistaken the address or was it the real address? What if he was tricked into giving me it?

"Nishikio.."

Opening the door to his office.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"The address you had wrote for me."

"What about it?"

I scoffed.

Of course he wasn't aware of my situation. There's no way I'm going to tell him about it.

"I... I almost died. The address you sent me was full of criminals with dangerous weapons. Care to explain why you tried to kill me."

I am totally prepared to be attack from behind or by him.

"Woah. Woah. Hold on, honey. I did not sent you to your death. Your own mother recommended it for you to go to the meeting. It's possible that we've all been deceived."

That is 1 good reason.

"Give me another good reason."

"The caller could have been a criminal with a voice changer. Rich people are getting targeted with the increased crime rates in Chiba. Maybe they decided to target you next."

I was suddenly feeling this immense worry and fear inside me.

Me, possibly going to be assassinated? Am I really that much of an important figure?

"I... I forgive you. But I won't forget this. How could you have possibly mistaken an address that you should know by now, is part of the abandoned area of Chiba."

I was marrying an idiot!

"The fault is mine. I'll take full responsibility. What do you want me to do in order to satisfy you?"

Is he serious?

"Come home everyday and bond with Yuki. Meanwhile, I'm going to take a week off to catch a break from all the paperwork. Deal?"

"Deal."

It's settled.

Because of the 'mysterious' disappearance of Hachiman Hikigaya, I think it was time for Yuki to finally warm up with my husband.

Trying to make Hikigaya-kun the father figure was a huge mistake. When he left, his whole presence left her life. I never saw my own daughter in that state.

And now that he's back, I still believe it's not a good idea. Hikigaya-kun... is someone who likes to involve themselves with dangerous stuff, which hurts other people. And I don't want Yuki being hurt again.

"I can't come home today or tomorrow. So we'll have to wait on that deal."

I began to heavily sigh.

"Okay."

...

The next day, I took the day off so I could watch Yuki for the weekend.

"I never got to ask you how was your ride home when Nishikio picked you up?"

She was very quiet on that specific subject, and I cannot blame her for that.

"I was... unsatisfied. Every day I look forward to see mommy's face appearing in my mind. But the moment I saw his face, I lost all motivation."

I knew it was a bad idea.

"I'm sorry, Yuki. For now on, I'll pick you up from-"

"But the day after that, I got to see Mister Fishman again! I was so happy that he came back. I think someone has finally answered my prayers! I think Mister Fishman has gotten more cooler and taller!"