..eight

"So, Minho," Jeanine said, "Can I ask you a question, off the record?" Jeanine was Mr. Lee's lawyer, and she was hell-bent on getting Minho to choose his dad at the custody hearing. Minho nodded suspiciously. "I'm not asking this as your dad's lawyer, I'm asking as a friend. If you could choose right now, if you were in an ideal world, would you want to live with your dad or your mom?"

Minho scoffed. "Neither," he deadpanned. "They're both fucking crazy. Super immature, constantly fighting over the dumbest things. In an ideal world, I'd live with my aunts."

Jeanine removed her glasses and pinched the bridge of her nose. With a sigh, she said, "That wasn't one of the options. The hearing is this afternoon. What's stopping you from choosing your dad?"

"I don't like him."

The lawyer grew nervous. She had been promised a very large sum of money if she could convince Minho to choose his dad. "So you're picking your mom, then?" She timidly asked.

"No, I don't like her, either."

This was an unfortunate situation, and Jeanine knew Minho, so she knew he'd be even more uncooperative considering the confusing position he'd put her in. "Okay, then why would you choose your aunts in an ideal world?"

Minho replied, "Because I actually enjoy their company. I liked living with them this summer. And in my ideal world where I go back, I get to see my aunts and Jisung again."

Jeanine leaned closer over the table, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. "Who's Jisung?" Immediately Minho regretted mentioning the boy, knowing he just accidentally prolonged his interrogation.

"Jisung is my best friend." Minho tried to be dull and give answers that didn't invite more questions. "I met him this summer."

This was good. Jeanine had leverage now, and Minho knew it. He mentally kicked himself for mentioning Jisung.

<コ:彡

lowkey want to publish the next 6 chapters all at once tonight so we can get through the angst and get to the minsung kiss bc ik thats what yall here for