Ch. 2-A Chance To See The Outside World

Danny Phantom 

Roses and Blood 

Ch. 2-A Chance To See The Outside World

......Twenty years later........

Another day. Another day that was the same in and the same out for the young ghost named Darren. Wake up, wander around the castle for hours on end until sunset, then be at the beck and call of his master the vampire Vladimir Masters whose vampiric nature had been corrupted by ectoplasmic energy and turned him into a nosferatu halfa. After serving his taskmaster all night long and making sure that he was comfortable in his coffin when the rays of sunlight started to peak over the castle then it was off to bed for just about two or three hours then the course would repeat itself over and over again. To the spirit it was like he was doing this for centuries but for some reason he couldn't remember for how long he had been serving his master. 

For that matter pretty much all of his memories were mysteriously missing from his mind. The ghoul had spent many, many hours trying to figure out what they were but to no avail he just couldn't remember a single shred of them. Mostly what he got from this was a severe headache and had to go rest to get rid of it. But he never gave up on this endevor that he vowed. He knew that he had memories and knew that one day he would be able to see them clearly and vividly again.  

It would be a little easier to try to remember if he was allowed to go past the castle door but Darren was forbidden to never step one foot outside by Masters, warning that if he ever did the ghost would die where he stood. Why he was prohibited made the specter always wonder what was out there that the creature didn't want him to see. The ghoul's curiosity was filled with so many theories and possibilities of what laid beyond the mountains or even down the main path that lead down to city that sat in the valley below. He yearned to just one day slip out, head straight down that road, and see what the town had to offer. Of course, he wondered if his keeper would discover him gone and get very angry. It would then make him shake in fear in how bad the punishment would be. It could be worse than what he got now if he really got out of line which was being chained up in the dungeon and flogged for about three hours. 

Just the thought of it made him quiver in pain from the last one which occurred only three days ago. Luckily he could recover quickly but the sting still remained in the young man's skin.  

But after his wondering finally got the best of him the ghost decided that he was going to make the trip and just suffer through the consequences if there were any. He planned it so that when the vampire went to sleep he would wait about an hour after to make sure that the monster was fast asleep then climb out one of the broken windows and follow the trail down into the tiny metropolis below and return just a couple of hours before the sun set and act like he had never left the castle but secretly keep the memories of this adventure to himself for a long, long time.

It was the night before the spirit was going to make the venture and he was making sure that everything that he did seem perfectly normal to his boss. He followed orders to the point, didn't talk back, and was the model servant. It struck Vladimir as odd that his serf was acting so calmly and following his every command to the letter. The creature of the night figured that for once the ghoul was finally starting get the gist of what he was employed to do. As the faint colors of dawn appeared on the horizon the nosferatu was crawling into his coffin that was located in what was the throne room, propped up against the steps of the throne platform in front of the old king's chair. Watching him settle in Darren was trying his best not to lose his nerve the time crawling so close to the end. Once the lid was shut and silence ensued once more the ghost watched the light of the sun creep over the mountains through the wide balcony that sat off to the side of the room, counting the seconds that turned into minutes which then turned into one full hour.