Chapter 3: relief

"Oh my god Elle..." Lee interrupts me "Why didn't you tell us before? I am your best friend and Noah is your boyfriend," lee makes a weird face as he says it "Did you really think we would be mad? I'm happy for you Elle. But also..kinda disappointed you are leaving me." "Uh what?" Noah questions "Well obviously I'm making her go to Harvard. It's a great school and since she got in..why not take that opportunity? Elle, if you don't go, I will be pissed." "Oh. Well that is not how I expected this conversation to go. Well I still have to decide what is best for me. Yes Harvard is a great school but the money I won with Marco could be used for life after college." Noah takes my hand and says "Elle, I want you to not think about Lee and I and think about what's best for you and what will make you happier. But if you do come to Harvard...we could get a small apartment together if you would like?" I nod my head and we change subjects and have a great afternoon all three of us.

"Heyy Evans. How are you?" Marco's voice comes through my computer. "I'm good actually. How are you Marco?" "I'm doing very well now that I'm talking to you. So? What's new?" "Well I got into both Berkeley and Harvard and so I am debating on what school is best for me." "Wow congrats, Elle. You know I can help if you need a opinion for this debate of yours..?" "Yeah sure okay. So Harvard, great school. Known world-wide. Would be better on a job application. But then there is Berkeley. Good school too and it would allow me to save the money we won, thank you again, I could save the money for after college and for the future.." as I finish I hear some taping on my window. "What is it Elle?" "Give me a sec," I look out my window and see Noah chucking pebbles at my window. "Uh Marco, can I call you some other time? I have to go..Noah is here." "Oh uh yeah uh-" I close my computer and open my window. "Hey beautiful" even though it is dark I can tell Noah has a smirk on his lips. "What are you doing here?" I question "I come to rescue you from your decision and take you on an adventure." I shake my head as I smile "let me grab my hoodie" Noah clears his throat "I think you mean MY hoodie. Elle all ur hoodies are mine if you haven't realized yet." "Ah, right forgot that." Of course I was joking. I steal Noah's hoodies all the time. It just gives me something to hold on to. A reminder of him whenever I need. I walk outside my room to see my dad is still awake. My dad gave up on trying to keep Noah and I apart so I'm sure he would let me go but right now, sneaking out seems more fun. I run back to my room and climb out my window. I sit in the over hang and scoot towards the ledge. "Elle, please don't fall." I stick my tongue out at him and grab onto the water pipe and slide down. I grab Noah and kiss him before asking "so, where are we going?"

Authors note: sorry for not getting updating. I got sick. Still am sick. I got tested for covid. It's negative. Thank god. Anyways....what do we think? I have a plan on how this entire story plays out but it's the details leading up to the major parts I struggle with. I need to get better at adding detail. I am taking the day off school tomorrow cause well I'm sick. So I may update again but for now..what do we think happens next? Please let me know! Don't forget to vote for the kissing booth 2 and vote for Joey king for the peoples choice awards! And go watch Julie and The Phantoms now on Netflix!! Anyway that's all!! Byeeeee