Chapter 3: Let The Games Begin

August 26

I tossed and turned all around the bed as my nightmares started to set in.

I sat underneath a tree, the tall branches which loomed over me. The green leaves covered me from the sun but allowed for light to trickle through. The leaves slowly drifted one by one, changing their colors midway till they wilted to the floor.

The sky was bright yet somewhat scorching.

However, the warmth did not seep into my skin.

I began to get up from underneath the shaded tree and heard a new, unfamiliar sound.

It was like drops from a faucet that were spaced apart. Leaving only the emptiness to remain between each sound.

Drip.

I look to my side to figure out where the sound was coming from.

The scenery had changed in a blink of an eye, and I was now seeing a vast lake with clear blue skies reflecting its surface.

I stood at the end where the sand was hitting my feet.

Looking behind me was nothing but sand and more water. I was on an island like structure. Looking at the lake, I knelt to see my reflection.

I was wearing my old Auror outfit. A brown cloak was placed over my head.

(Pretend the ax is a wand holder and the hair is blacker and somewhat more curly)

Everything was the same from my beige long-sleeve shirt, my tight corset, to my worn-out boots.

Drop.

The scene once again changed, and a dark forest surrounded me. A misty fog runs around, causing my vision to become impaired. I reach to grab my wand, but I stopped.

This place was so familiar, and as I put it together, I knew what was going on. I immediately begin to run as I hear the small hints of a laugh.

I remember hearing her cackling voice filling the dark and misty forest.

Her laugh echoed throughout my head, growing louder and louder.

I ran across the forest, trying to flee from her every inching voice and presence.

The wailing of the two voices soon accompanied them.

Drip

I tripped on what seemed to be a branch and fell face-first onto the ground. The pain was immense. I heard a loud thudding sound surrounding my ears.

Thud.

Drop.

Drip.

The sounds overwhelmed my senses, causing me to rock in pain. My sense were overwhelmed. Then all at once, they stopped.