Chapter 9

**Jess's POV**

All I hear are slow steady beeps filling the room, with some slight snoring in the background and suddenly I can open my eyes again.  I have never been so thankful for such a simple action.  I look around, slowly regaining the feeling in my body, everything is pins and needles it feels kinda weird.  Anyway, I suddenly feel someone clenching my right hand.  I look over and see Matt on my right, holding my hand while sprawled across a chair sound asleep.  He stayed.  I never expected him to stay.  Of course I could hear him here everyday but being in a coma is a lot of work so my brain went to sleep a lot because there was also nothing else to do -- comas are boring.  I look to my left to see a sleeping Nash, the thought of him caring about me for once in my life makes me nervous.  I've never had someone actually care about me on a daily basis -- my own mother favors Nash over me and everyone knows it.

I try to free my hand slowly, trying not to wake Matt but ultimatley the second I moved he shot up faster that a bullet flying out of a shot gun.  Ultimately also waking up Nash who looked like a little kid on Christmas and ran out to get a nurse and by my guess call my mom who of course was not here because why would she be.

"Oh my gosh Jess.  You're awake, thank god.  I never would have forg--"

"Matt, can you do me a favor?"

"Of course, anything!"

"Shut. Up."

"Wow, you ceratinly haven't changed."

"Matt, I just woke up and I have a headache so your blabbering doesn't help me right now.  Can you help me sit up?"

"Of course, here."  He gives me his hand and put his other on the small of my back, his hands are so soft, and so warm.  To be honest, I missed human contact, I almost forgot what it felt like to be touched by someone, even if it was just on the hand.  

"Thanks, can you get me a glass of water please?"

"Sure here."

"I have a question Matt"

"Anything."

"How long have I been unconsciuos."

"About a week."  Suddenly a team of nurses come into my room with Nash, they're all excited that I'm awake.  They start to run tests, checking my eyes, my mobility, etc. etc.  During all of the tests, I realize the giant badnages on my wrists and suddenly realize why I was in the hospital after all.  The nurses suddenly noticed my change in morale and became worried, thus sending in the psychologist.  She asked me a whole bunch of questions that all just turned into a blur.  I look out of the window to suddenly see Nash and Matt outside talking, it looked like they were fighting.  Or atleast thats my guess because Matt looked pretty mad and then left.

**Matt's POV**

Who does Nash think he is?  Saying I can't be around Jess anymore.  He's never given a rats ass about someone who is his own flesh and blood.  I have always cared about her.  Him putting a band on her makes  me only want her more.  And I'll get my way, I will get Jess.