Head Above Water (WAJ Part 2)

Tittle: Head Above Water (Weekend At Jonny's Part 2)

Part: 2/?

Word Count: 7337

Summary: All Robby wanted was to live in this moment. He wanted to enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling in his stomach while he rested his head on Miguels strong chest. They both had just experienced something so amazing and he really didn't want to mess it up. Faking a smile had always been easy but right now, all he could do was panic as he felt the a wave of trauma attack him. There was no stopping his mind from jumping to conclusions and before he realized what was going on, it was too late.

Miguel wanted to help, but he couldn't do it on his own.

Category: heartwarming / fluff

Warning: very minor form of self harming / foul language / anxiety

Ages: 18/Miguel & 16/Robby

Listen to "Head Above Water" by Olive James

They were both laid on the bed, limbs tangled together and Miguel's fingers running through Robbys silky, dirty blonde hair. The younger boy was breathing softly, appearing to be somewhere in between a state of sleep and awareness. This new sight would have been strange to anyone, considering everything that went down, not only between them, but their teachers. All of Miguels friends probably would've thought he'd gone mad, and they'd insist to beat the living daylights out of the boy, but now he's certain, that he would never let that happen.

Miguel smiled, twirling his finger through Robby's hair once more, leaning down to press a kiss at the top of his head, only to stop himself, assuming the boy was sleeping.

I should let him rest.

Robby was awake though, clearly still in shock, trying to convince his brain that none of this was real and he would eventually wake up from this dream, in a dark room with no electricity and no food in his stomach. All of this, was too good to be true. The warmth he felt wrapped in Miguel's arms was something he never thought he'd be able to experience.

He wanted nothing more than to enjoy it. He wanted to savor every second of this beautiful moment because guys like him don't get lucky like this often. Maybe that's why he tried to be still, steady his breathing and keep his eyes closed. Not wanting to waste a moment as he tried so hard to keep all of the bad thoughts out of his head.

Focus on Miguel.

It feels really good to be laying here. His arms are so big and strong.

A lot stronger than mine.

He could put me out really easily.

I'm vulnerable right now. Wrapped in his arms.

Would he hurt me?

Is he waiting for me to fall asleep so he could strangle me?

Right here. Right now.

Wrapped in his arms.

It was too late. His thoughts were getting the best of him. Now, all he could think about was the way Miguel looked at him during their fight at the tournament. The look of revenge. The look of wanting him dead.