Papa Turns 60

January 8, 1955, a healthy baby boy was born.

After his 23 years of existence, he married a woman...my mama.

At 25, he became my father. 

At the age of 30, he became a father of three.

When he turned 55, he became a grandfather to Ron.

And last Jan 8 2015, he turned 60 that  made him to have a dual citizenship -- a Filipino citizen and and a senior citizen! he he he

In his 60 years he literally travel both the whole Philippines and half of the world. He was a Philippine Navy when he met my mom and eventually decided to become a seaman in a luxury ship when me and my siblings entered college. 

He is my benchmark when it comes to travelling not to mention that he is also my basis of finding the promises of forever.

We had a three day celebration for his 60th years.

First, on the exact day of his birthday.  We celebrated it via a street salu-salo.  It was well attended by our neighbors... so simple yet so fun!

The second one was the day right after his birthday.  It was a buffet party at The Food Club together with family and relatives.  My sister came from abroad as well as my cousins, in-laws, nephews and nieces.  Aunts were there too! Highlight of that night was the birthday serenade by TFC singers.  That night was fantastic! Masaya, magulo, maingay, masakit sa tiyan kakakain at kakatawa!

The last one was with the family -- papa, mama, sissie, ron-ron and me.  We passed by Candelaria Church and Tagaytay, went to Nuvali and had a boodle lunch, feeds the fishes, drove bump cars, rode a train, ate cakes and endless chitchats.

No matter how, when and where we celebrated Papa's birthday everything remains the same....

... he will always be....

...the ever dedicated husband to mama

...responsible father to his children...

... and a loving grandfather to Ron

As you journey your 60th year, we thank you for taking good care our family, for working so hard, for all the sacrifices and for a heart filled of so much love to give for all of us. Happiest birthday Papa and May God continue to bless you healthtiest years beyond measure!