Chapter 8: Good Times

She was tired. Of everything. (Y/N) had stopped crying a long time ago, or that's what it felt like. Without the sun or a clock, she had no idea what time it was. She didn't know if it had been a day or if it had been a year. 

Even so, it was exhausting. 

Her heart ached, more than it had before the festival. She'd been given a slight bit of hope, and it hurt all the more to have it ripped away. If only she'd been able to do something

She still felt useless. 

'focus. there is something you can use'

She lifted her head. Who was that? 

Laughing to herself slightly, she realized she must finally be losing her mind. But there was something that told her otherwise. 

"Maybe there is something..." She said. "Think (Y/N), think! "

She closed her eyes. It was too dark to see anything, and in her cell, she knew there was Redstone around. The walls were obsidian, if she tried to break it with her fists she'd be caught. The door was iron, but that might have a trap. It probably did, so that was a no go. 

She listened.

The drips and drops of water from the roof.

The water. 

The roof.

She was underwater!

And the roof, and part of the floor, wasn't obsidian, or else the Redstone wouldn't work. 

Opening her eyes with determination, she had a new rigor to escape. She was going to make a plan, and she was going to get out. 

She moved to get up from her place on the floor, only to have gravity work a bit too well. When was the last time she'd gotten sleep? 

She felt her consciousness fading, and her mind slipped into a deep slumber. 

~~~~~

Pogtopia had made many improvements.

The automatic harvester was working a charm, and they had almost limitless potatoes, much to Techno's delights.

In the firelight of the Ravine, everyone stood, speaking of plans to gather information. They were going to go back to Manburg, and they were going tonight. 

(Y/N) had already agreed to let them use her tunnels, but she needed to map them out, as she only had them memorized.

"That won't be an issue," Wilbur told her, "We should have some paper for a few maps if you don't have your own."

She looked over to him. 

"That would be helpful." She replied. Her voice was a bit softer than she'd thought it would be; like the wind.

(Y/N) turned back to the other boys there, and explained how the tunnels were made as a basic deterrent to anyone, or anything, that could harm her. It was also a great way to travel in the overworld and made it easier for her to keeps tabs on them. 

"Why would you need to do that?" Tubbo asked her.

"New people aren't... good. For me at least." She answered after pondering for a moment, "I wanted to be able to tell if you were all getting too close of comfort, and among other things, make sure you weren't here..."

She trailed off. It was like she didn't want to finish that sentence. 

"Here to what?" Tubbo pressed, in an innocent matter, not realizing how she didn't want to speak.