Chapter 1

"Isla! Isla sweet heart don't run to fast your sister can't catch up" my mother called to me with her honeyed voice

"Yes mother!, come on Elena! I wanna see the migration!" I replied enjoying the sunset coming down as we ran in the field.

"Fineee but, slow down Isla! hey mom can you hum that song! " My sister said with her rasp voice

"Of course Elena"
My mother hummed the tune she would sing to us every dawn.

"I love this song mother"

"I'm glad you like it Isla dear"

"Look look! The butterfly's are leaving their flower beds"

"Mom Elena look their leaving"
I turned around they were gone... white patches with surrounding my body.

"Mom? Elena? Where are you?"

"MOM ELENA DON'T GO PLEASE"

I woke up with sweat dripping down my face. My body was trembling with fear. Another dream about mom and Elena. I miss mother's aubade. And why did that dream have to remind me of my patches.

I rose from my twin sized peach colored bed, I was wearing my cashmere baby pink night gown with white lace and ribbons all around it. My dirty blond hair was spread all over my soulless face giving it a Halloween look.

I entered my vibrant aqua bathroom, I decided to take a morning shower to wash away my exhausted body.

I rubbed my back lightly making sure not rub so hard. When I got the sickness it made my body fragile and skinny which stayed even after I got cured which I didn't mind so much.

Patches, white patches was what I did mind. Since I got cured the paleness of the sickness didn't spread all over my body but, just stayed as patches behind my neck.
I was very insecure of them. Step mother would always make fun of them. So her and father decided it was best to keep it covered.

I stepped out of the shower, brushed my teeth, and changed to a light brown long sleeve sweater with a pair of bleach washed jeans. I put my hair into a bun leaving my baby strands out.

I walked out of my room into the big double way staircase of our mansion.
I didn't like the mansion as much as our country side manor. The manor was simple and elegant which felt like a home not like the mansion which was just a show off .

I was greeted at the end of the staircase.

"Darling Isla your finally awake your father and I have some good news for you please come to the dining hall for dinner so we can chit chat about it" said Miss fake step mother.

"Of course I will be the at six" I said trying to go with her fake kindness.

Then of course she stepped on my toes with her high heels.

"Owww"

"You better not show any bad behaviour at dinner no exceptions you brat" she said smiling leaving me behind with my sore toes.

I grabbed a apple from the marble snow kitchen not bothering to eat anything else for breakfast, since I wasn't a fan of breakfast.

Slowly I walked into the mansion library, the only place I liked here.
I layed onto the arm rest chair picking off where I left off in my book.

To what have seemed like minutes was hours and I heard a knock on the door.

"Isla I got you some lunch!!! your fake mom let me in" said the voice which I recognized right away.

Cora the girl I met at business school. We became like two peas in a pod. Best friends forever, and always.

"Cora you didn't have to! Thank you bestie" I replied as we sat by the fireplace of the library.

We both munched into our honey drizzled chicken wraps.

"My father is planning to talk to me this evening" I said trying to seem positive about the situation.

"Didn't the last time he talked to you was because he was mad about how your stepmom said you stole her gems and that you were a terrible daughter which was a big spitefulness lie?" Cora said while still chewing her food.

"Yup I don't know what he wants now I'm complete with school now so maybe he can let me work at the company now?" I said hoping for the best.

"he definitely want you in his company you pasted like every class in school also I'm also here to give you some news!" Cora said in a joyful tune.

"I got a internship over aboard in Japan they want me as a assistant for the Kiro company boss!" Cora said making her plump nose rise higher than it should be.

"Congrats! when are you leaving? and now I we will be text buddies aw" I said getting up and giving her a jubilant hug.

"I'm leaving tomorrow and don't ever forget to text me! Oh sorry I have to leave to pack now ima miss ya Isla bye "

"Me too! good luck" I said as she left the library in a rush.

How can this day get any crazier?

---------------
Evening0

"WHAT" I said getting up from glass dining table .

"Yes we have planned for you to get married with the boss of Parris, he is young and he's parents are very good past business partners with our company, this will help our company and you may work at the Parris company's since you will be side boss beside him." said my father with his grunt voice.

"Celeste tesoro please"

Celeste... father hasn't called me my middle name since mother and sis passed away. He spoke Italian we haven't talked in Italian or french in years. My father was coming back will this marrige make him find his love for me again...

Even though I don't agree with this I accept. I'm gonna Acquiesce this decision.

"I accept"

"Perfect the marrige will be in four days you will move in to his home as his fiance starting your internship there as the time being" said my step mother in a high pitched voice, she was excited for me leaving this perplexed household.

"We will be visiting his parents home tomorrow to meet him you will be on your best behaviour and don't dare think of running away or any nonsense of that" said my father making his tone harsher.

"Yes father" I said heading to bed

I couldn't sleep that night.

What would the future hold for me, will my future husband love me, would my father be back to his kind self, would I live peacefully.

Or is this just another suffering the universe would give me.

(A/N: hope you enjoyed the first chapter and don't forget to vote and comment!)