Chapter 10

Francis is sleeping peacefully on top of boxes above him. He wasn't feeling well due to the lack of hunger which almost made him faint from exhaustion. The meats he bought weren't good for he, all of them are raw and if he ever eats one of it he will feel ill again.

While he is sleeping, his Puppet is still in the continuation of solving some puzzles and fighting off spectres and burnt Elsens.

Until, a group of cat-like spectres appear in front of the sleepy Puppeteer. He let out a deep growl and ready to pounce on the boy.
Francis didn't hear the growl and continues to sleep.

The spectres pounce and open their mouths revealing sharp teeth to bite or tear him. But then, Batter ran quick and save Francis from the spectres. Alpha carry Francis through the ring while Batter swung his bat at the spectres. It let out a huge crack killing them instantly.

Suddenly Francis is starting to wake up and look up on what is going on. He is laying through Alpha's ring and soon got off of it.

Batter: "Are you ok?"

Francis: "Yeah I'm fine, what happen?" He said tiring and rub his right eye.

Batter: "You were almost attacked by spectres."

Francis: "What?"

Batter: "Come on, I figured out the code to Dedan's office." He said and carry his Puppeteer.

Francis: "Put me down! I can walk!" He yelled while trying to reach for his backpack until Batter grabbed it and put over his right shoulder.

Batter: "You can't, you are unstable to walk due to passing out. Let me help you Puppeteer."

Francis: "Fine.." he let out a groan of annoyance. Francis doesn't need any help from a baseball player. But, he almost fainted and almost hit his head on the floor, so he just let his Batter carry him.

As they reach to Dedan's office, they spotted him fighting off some spectres. He ripped and slashed these creepy ghosts into bits as black blood oozes out of their pale skin.

Francis look at the horrific creature with wide eyes. He never seen him look terrifying when he is fighting off spectres like from a horror movie he watched. And his voice sounds rough abs aggressive from before.

Francis: 'Holy sh*t...'

Dedan: "Miserable morons! Piss off! This is my zone! You ain't got the right to be here!" He shouted more aggressive while killing off the spectres one by one with his razor sharp claws.

Dedan: "Get outta my sight, you phantoms of sh*t!" He shouted and finish off the other two.

His whole body turn facing Batter and the Puppeteer. He doesn't look very happy when he is looking at them, even Francis can't tell if he's angry or what.

Dedan: "...YOU! It's you, you're the source of all my troubles! The ectoplasmic lord who's been eyeing my beloved zone!"

Francis: 'Ectoplasmic lord? What the hell is he talking about?'

Dedan: "What do you want? Why've you decided to be a pain in the ass? I've dedicated my whole life to this place! You got no right to ruin it with your damn ghosts! SHOVE OFF! And who is this piece of sh*t?!" He said annoyed and the last part was talking about Francis.

Francis gave Dedan a glare of what he called him. He clench his fist together ready to talk back but Batter cut him with a single glare staring at his Puppeteer.

Batter: "You're mistaken. My puppeteer and I are not phantoms. I'm a purifier."

Francis: 'And I'm the guy who is ready to knock your teeth out, you freak!'

Batter: "I've come to purge the world of these ectoplasmic beings."

Dedan: "How dare you respond? And how dare you imagine that I'd just put it up with this sh*t!"

Francis glare at him more but get another warning by Batter.

Dedan: "Listen good, I'll make this simple. Get outta here and take your goddamn spectres with you, or I'm gonna kill you."

Francis: 'Do it freak, we're not afraid of you.'

Dedan: "I hope that's clear enough for ya and your little piece of sh*t. If I see you again, you're dead."

He left the office leaving Batter standing there with his Puppeteer in his arms.

Francis: "I am going to ruin his whole career and make his life a living hell."

Batter: "Puppeteer that's enough, we'll purify him when we get to Alma. But for now, you need to rest. I'll wake you up when we get there."

Francis: "Alright fine." He said and close his eyes to rest.

He slept in his Puppet's arms. You know, he felt safe in his arms like he is some kind of guardian angel. After encountering Dedan, Francis felt uncomfortable near that beast. He sees him as a killer ready to strike him and Batter.

No, Francis won't let that freak harass him and his Puppet, his puppet will do his best to purify that guardian and Zone 1.