Chapter 1

Took a while... But I'm doing it! Sort of following schedule! Maybe? Oh forget it... Let's just start. 

OH wait! This entire story will be in Danny's  POV... I think..  And this is basically like the 'Phantom Planet' never happened.

I was writing something for history class at the kitchen table when I realized something.

"Mom, dad?" I asked the two hazmat wearing adults.

"Yes, sweetheart?" Mom looked up from what she was doing, turning off the blowtorch.

"I need my birth information. There is a class trip to Niagara Falls and I need it to get into Canada." I replied looking up from my writing. Jazz was looking up from her book now and my parents were sharing worried looks with each other. "Something wrong?" I asked.

"Um, no honey... Jack, Jazz, can I talk to you upstairs real quick?" And with that the three of them left the kitchen, leaving me dumbfounded. I got up quietly and carefully put my ear to the door. They were whispering so I only caught a little of their conversation. 

"Should we tell him he can't go?" Mom's voice sound worried.

"You know he has to leave the country eventually. He'll find out eventually. Better now then later." Jazz's voice said.

"I agree. We can't hide the truth from him forever." Dad's voice sounded actually mature for once.

"But.. What if he is mad with us?"

"He'll understand.. Plus, it'll explain a lot that has happened." I heard them start coming towards the door. I nearly slipped trying to run quietly back to my chair, acting like nothing happened. They came and sat down at the table. I just stared dumbly at them.

Mom put her hands over mine in a comforting manner. "Sweetie, we need to tell you something." I raised my eyebrow and then she continued. "Um.. It's about your birth information."

"Can I not go? It's not a big deal, is it?" I asked, genuinely curious.

Mom shared a look with Jazz and dad behind her, they nodded. She sighed while she told me the news. "You're not really Daniel Fenton.." I swore my heart stopped at those words.

"W-what?" I was barely breathing.

"W-We adopted you shortly after Jasmine was born." I felt like throwing up. "Your real name is.. Daniel Hays."

"D-Daniel Hays?" I repeated, almost refusing to accept it.

"Yes.. You're the biological son of Seth and Della Hays."

Before I could hear anymore I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room, holding back the tears that are trying to force themselves out. Why... Why had they never told me?