Being A Savior

AUTHORS NOTE: since its just the prologue its not a full length chapter...but please enjoy

PROLOGUE

I never thought I would have to run.

I never thought I would be one of them.

Why do they want people like me? I am competely normal, or I was. It didn't happen until today. Nobody wanted me until today. Why couldn't I had just been raised like everyone else? I didn't ask for this life. I don't want to have these gifts, and I didn't want to be raised as a killing machine. What exactly did they plan on doing with me once they found out they were right? Send me to kill their enimies? To win their war? What about my life? What about what I want to do?

What do I want to do? I can't survive out here alone forever. Someone will find me.

I only have one place to go.

Somewhere I haven't been since I was six.

The place where all of this started, the place where this nightmare began.

Home.

*--*--*--*

My feet thunder on a path that looks like it hasn't been crossed in years. Deep down in my heart, I know this is a bad sign. Calm down Ember, maybe a new path has been built since you've been gone. My red hair flies behind me, some strands getting caught in the surrounding branches. Through the holes in the trees, I can see the chimney of my house, but what comes next is absolutely heart breaking.

I fall to my knees as a sigh escapes my lips. I should have known that after they ripped me away from my family, they would kill them. My inner child is telling me that maybe they escaped, and then they burned down the house, but that just isn't reality. The perfectly trimmed bushes are long gone, and the beautiful wooden porch is non-existant. The vibrant colors of our house have grayed, and the structure is falling apart.

Almost mindlessly, I approach my home. With ease, I lift myself into the doorway, since the porch is no longer there. All the furniture is gone, and tears streak my face. I can still hear my mother singing to me as she braids my hair. Just thinking about that brings back that day.

*--*--*--*

I kick my feet happily as my mother braids my air. She sings softly, "I heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music do you?"

I feel a frown overcome my small lips, "Mommy don't sing sad songs."

She sighs, and ties off my braid. She turns me around, so she can look at me. Her blue eyes are tired and sad. She takes my small hand in hers, "Ember, they are going to take you today."

I shake my head fiercly, "You don't know that mommy!"

Her chin trembles, "I love you so much. But you must understand, you must never come back."

Tears are falling quickly now, and I begin to hiccup. She wipes them away, "You are strong Ember. Don't let them break your spirit. If it turns out they want you, you run away. Do you understand me?"

I leap into her arms, "Mommy please! Don't let them take me!"

The sound of the front door is heard throughout the house. I can hear my fathers muffled yells, and suddenly I am being ripped out of my mothers arms. I beat against the stranger's chest. He carries me outside, and I hear my mother's broken sobs, "EMBER! MY BABY, PLEASE GOD NO!"

*---*---*---*

I am ripped out of my memory when I see someone slam down from the ceiling, landing in front of me. Mischevious green eyes gleam before me, "Why hello there, I am Aker."

Slowly, I stand up, "Ember."

He twirls my red hair inbetween his fingers, and I slap his hand away. He raises a dark eyebrow, "Listen princess, I don't want to have to kill you. So leave. Now."

My hands grow hot, and I can feel the fire balls dancing on my palms. His eyes widen, "What are you?"

Before thinking about it, I say, "A Savior."

The boy runs away, crawling along the walls and out the door. It all happened so fast I thought I had imagined it.

I feel a familiar arm wrap around me, "Why would you even try to run Ember?"