I

"Are you seriously going to stay here?" Bora asked while putting her lip tint on. "We are going out to eat, y'know."

Yoohyeon looked up from her laptop. "'We' as in, 'you and Siyeon'?"

Bora looked at herself in the full-length mirror they have in their room and twirled around, admiring how great her floral dress looked. "Technically, yes."

"No thanks, I don't want to be a thirdwheel." She said, returning back to the essay.

"Come on, Yooh. You're always cooped up in your room like an antisocial creep." Bora blinked at the mirror repeatedly, admiring her eyes as well. "No wonder you're single."

Yoohyeon sighed. Bora did hit a nerve. She has always felt left out and slightly envious when her friends are in relationships while she is a single loner. Maybe she's right, she shouldn't always stay in the dorms to study. But yet again, being the shy girl that she is, Yoohyeon has a hard time interacting with others. Even talking to the extroverted Bora was hard enough.

"Whatever. I'll just stay here, I have some work that I need to complete."

"Whatever you say, Yooh." Bora shrugged and went out.

Ding! She saw a notification pop up on her laptop screen that was connected to her WhatsApp.

Dami: hey yooh, i found a great website to solve ur single-ness

Yoohyeon: wow thats great :/

Dami: Here's the link https://connect61115.com

Yoohyeon: thanks I'll check on it after I'm done with some work

She rubbed her temples and continued typing in her essay. Her close friend, Dami, always knew how much she was jealous of others being in a loving relationship. Yoohyeon kinda knows why she's single: She falls for straight girls, she falls for  emotionally unavailable girls, she falls for girls that live far away from where she is.

"I'm such a hopeless lesbian." Yoohyeon laughed to herself.

Soon, she found herself being curious and climing on the link that Dami sent her.

"Huh?" Yoohyeon raised an eyebrow comically at her laptop. "Connect..?"

She rubbed her temples. This better not be a prank from Dami because her laptop was relatively new and she didn't want to download any sort of viruses on it.

Yoohyeon scanned the website. It has a plain red background and the name 'Connect' at the top with a very obviously (and poorly) photoshopped lips beside it and short description right before it. A box to fill in information was smacked right in the middle of the page. The website looked like it took 25 cents to make and it overall looks shady.

'This is a place where women can talk to other women that they are interested in!' What a sloppy description. Yoohyeon figured it is something like tinder but it's for lesbians?

Yoohyeon tried searching what the website was about on her phone but to no avail. Even Google doesn't know about this page's existence.

She decided to make an account anyway, she typed in her username as 'ILoveYooh" and giggled to herself at how cute it was. Yoohyeon filled in her other relevant particulars like her age, birthday and hobbies.

After making an account, she scrolled through the women whom the algorithm had deemed as those who have the same interests and hobbies as her. Due to the privacy of the girls, they are not allowed to show their eyes in their pictures and they are not allowed to reveal their real name. They can choose to set a profile picture that only shows their body and/or a picture without their eyes. Both parties would only be allowed to show their pictures after they matched up with each other, meaning both parties have to 'connect' with each other.

Yoohyeon scrolled through the list of recommended women mindlessly. None of these women interest her.

However, she stopped scrolling when she came across a picture with a fair woman in a flaming red dress.

"Woah... She has nice lips." Yoohyeon said to nobody in particular.

She clicked on the profile of the girl, who went by the username PinkJiU, and scanned through her profile page

She clicked on the profile of the girl, who went by the username PinkJiU, and scanned through her profile page. It seems that she likes the colour pink, she likes eating and she has a dog named Cherry.

'I guess it's not that bad, a pretty girl having the same interests as me.' Yoohyeon smiled to herself.

But wait. What if this is a scam? What if there's no pretty girl and instead a bunch of conmen who use women's pictures to lure others?

Yoohyeon hovered the cursor over the button that has the word 'CONNECT!' in big bold letters, reconsidering her choices. You know what, fuck it.

"I know I'm going to regret this." She sighed as she clicked it.

'You sent PinkJiU a chat request!'