Chapter Three

These past few months have been hell. Well not for Feyre. Feyre fit in perfectly with these people. They just pushed me aside like I was nothing. They barely let me eat because I was half faerie.
  "BURDEN!" I hear Tamlin bellow from outside my room.
  I wince and open the door.
  "Yes, Milord." I whisper trying to keep my wings out of his reach.
  "Come." He snarls as his claws grow from his knuckles.
  "Yes, Milord." I whisper following him down stairs.
  When we get downstairs there are people running around crying and screaming.
  "Fight." Tamlin orders me before killing people left and right.
  I look around eyes wide before grabbing my daggers and slice, anyone that got too close, throats. I stop when I see the man Rhysand staring at me smirking. I gasp when I feel someone hit me in the back of the head.

  I wake up in a throne room with a woman with red hair glaring at me.
  "What is this filth doing here?" She snarls.
  I growls and stand up.
  "I'm here because Tamlin took me away from my family, bitch." I snarl as my wings ruffle from my anger.
  The woman smirks, "You'll be good for entertainment. Take her to her cell. You have three trials on the full moon starting in two weeks." The woman says.
I snarl at her before two faeries grabbed me taking me to the dungeon, to my cell.

It's been two weeks and I've made a friend. And it's the High Lord of Night Court. We've become close friends. He tells me everything even about his friends and Velaris. He told me he has a friend that is like me. A Shadowsinger. He even told me about his past and that Tamlin and his father killed his mother and sister. That's how close we've become.
"Hello, Bastard." I hear one of the blue skinned guards hiss at me.
I snarl as they drag me from my cell.
"There is someone in the throne room waiting for you." The other one says smirking.

Feyre's P. O. V.

The attorney drags me into the throne room infront of a dais. It throws me down infront of it making me kneel.
"Another one?" Amarantha asks smirking.
My eyes widen when I realize they have Spirit.
"Bring me the Bastard!" Amarantha orders two blue skinned guards.
They disappear and in seconds they return with a person that's covered in blood and shadows. Spirit.
"Spirit." I whisper, looking at my twin in horror.

Spirit's P. O. V.

I look over at Feyre and smile slightly.
"Hey Feyre." I mumble tanking myself from the guards.
Amarantha smirks at me and Feyre.
"Today's the day you both face your first trial." She says smirking at us.
I growl lowly baring my teeth.
"What will you have us do? Chase down a pony?" I ask quietly.
I hear Rhysand choke from behind Amarantha. He's trying not to laugh. The asshole.
I look down as Feyre gives me a warning look. My shadows forming around me thicker.
"Drop her in the pit!" Amarantha hisses coldly.
My guards throw me into the muddy pit. I land in a crouch making my wings spread out wide behind me. I look up and see Rhysand smirking at me. I bow my head slightly at him before feeling Feyre land next to me. She crawls over to me eyes wide.
"Follow me, sister." I whisper to her standing up.
She nods slightly standing up also. I tilt my head folding my wings in close letting my shadows circle around us. She smiles and touches my shadows making me flinch. Her eyes widen and she mouths sorry.
  I hear something slithering towards us and see a giant ducking wyrm heading our way. I grab Feyre's arm and drag her with me as we run through the maze.