25

'Other than your sad traumas and stories of heartbreak, I have a scoop for you.' Brick said seriously in a grave tone., hands on his hips.

'What now? More bullying?' Buttercup cried in a hoarse voice, neither Cherri or Buttercup dared to look back at Brick, but now he was determined to gain their full attention.

'I think your older sister is in trouble.' Brick interjected through soft sobs from Buttercup's side.

'What? My sister?' Buttercup flung around crazedly as if cursed by voodoo magic as Cherri recoiled from Buttercup's sudden movement.

'You two should have no problem arresting someone who might just have some evidence of kidnapping and sexual harassment, correct?'

'Well, certainly.' Cherri nodded firmly, allowing Buttercup to wiper way her tears and stand up straight, her bold way of carrying herself coming back.

'Again, I think your older sister is in trouble.' Brick repeated, 'She was taken.'

'Any idea by whom?' Cherri probed, holding out a notepad that seemed to have appeared out of thin air. Buttercup looked concerned now.

'I thought she was some druggie empire queen, why would she-' Buttercup stopped mid sentence as she got smacked in the head with sense. 'I'm guessing she's worth something, head of all transport through our country, she's gotta have done wrong to someone or another.'

Cherri nodded in response as she jotted down notes.

'The question I'm asking is, can you help me?'

'And what is she to you? You two broke up like what... centuries ago?' Buttercup stifled a laugh, covering her mouth. Brick knew damn well this was only payback for how he tormented Buttercup just now.

'She's my fiancee.'

'Your fiancee. Funny.' Buttercup smiled sarcastically while a grim expression remained on Brick's. Buttercup looked down at his finger to see a gold band around his ring finger, her face froze.

'Oh, you're for real? Sorry.' Buttercup was trying to understand why the guy had dumped her own sister, leaving her tremendously heartbroken, and then become her fiancee. Had Blossom accepted him with open arms? What will be their future, will it end in heartbreak or happiness?

'Interesting.' Cherri remarked. 'The girl and guy are in a relationship, both partners in their trade and romantically.' She muttered, scribbling the words down on her little notepad. Buttercup peered over at Cherri's notes to approve of what she was writing down, nodding at the words she read.

'We are not in a romantic relationship.' Brick stammered coldly and suddenly. The temperature of the room might as well have dropped by a million degrees because both Cherri and Buttercup looked up at Brick with peculiar expressions. Cherri, she was confused, with a hint of, possibly what Brick thought, to be calculating, Cherri was trying to comprehend Brick's words. And Buttercup, her face was unreadable, was she surprised? It didn't seem so. Was she angry? Maybe. Was she confused? If she was, she was good at hiding it.

Buttercup looked away into the far distance, then her gaze travelled back onto Brick. She let out a small huff of a smirk. 'Ah. She isn't, but you are.'

'I don't follow.' Brick and Cherri both said simultaneously, making them looking at each other all weird.

'I'm sure you do, Brick. I get it.' Buttercup mimed with her fingers, one hand chasing after the other as it ran through the air. 'But you only realised, because you're lacking of her, she's been taken and now you want her back. Learn to tell the difference between lust and love, jeez.' She rolled her eyes, annoyed.