Chap 3: Newborns, and a Visitor

9 months later, Saturday, July 23, 2033.

Lincoln and Darcy were enjoying their time in their home, and were spending time with their newborn triplet daughters, Darla, Daria, and Diana.

Apparently, Lincoln got her pregnant on the night of October 14th 2032, and Darcy had carried the triplets for 40 weeks until she mothered them on Thursday July 14th 2033.

While Lincoln took Daria and Darla to their cribs for bedtime, Darcy was sitting on the couch, humming softly, breastfeeding her youngest daughter Diana, who was wearing light purple baby footies, while Lincoln was making dinner for them.

She held her newborn close to her chest while nursing and kissing her forehead. She starts to sing a lullaby that her mother used to sing when she was little.

Author's Note: This song is owned by its respective owners. Thought it'd be perfect for a mom's lullaby. 

After singing the song, she looks at Diana, who was sleeping peacefully in her mother's arms. Darcy smiled and takes her sleeping child to her crib with her other daughters, kisses her cheek and leaves the room. 

After she and her husband finished dinner, she sits with her husband and cuddles up to him while Lincoln wrapped his arms around her and they cuddled each other lovingly. 

"I'm glad I'm with you, Darcy." Lincoln said.

"Me too, sweetie. I'm happy of our new life together." Darcy said.

Outside the house, an 18-year old teenage girl walked up to the front door. She had blonde hair that goes down half of her back. She wears a purple hairband with a lavender flower on it, white earrings, and wears lavender eyeshadow. She wears a sleeveless lavender shirt with a bunny head on it, and wears three black bracelets on her wrists. She wears a blue skirt, and wears lavender long socks and black shoes.

As the girl rang the doorbell, she was taken by surprise when she heard growling

As the girl rang the doorbell, she was taken by surprise when she heard growling. She turns to where it was coming, just to see Alayus growling at her defensively. 

"Ni-Nice doggy, I come in peace. I just want to talk to your owner." She said to the White Shepherd, trembling as she holds up her hands, trying to soothe the angry dog. 

She hears the doorknob turn and Lincoln answers the door from hearing the doorbell.

"Hello?" Lincoln asked, opening it up just to see the scene. He signals the dog to take it easy for now, in which she did. Then he turns to the girl.

"Can I help you?"

"Hello Lincoln," The girl greeted, "It's me, Lily. Your youngest sister."

"Lily?" Lincoln was surprised, he never thought he'd see his youngest sister again, but he's happy that he does. Alayus also had the same reaction. "Oh my God, it's been a long time!" 

Lincoln brought her in an embrace, which Lily took and hugged him back.

"I missed you too, bro." Lily replied, hugging him.

"Anyway, come on in. I'd like you to meet my family." Lincoln steps to the side as he lets Lily into the house and introduced her to his wife and children, to whom she greeted happily.

"So, what brings you to Montana, Lily? How did you find me after all these years?" He asked.

"I'm here to tell you some bad news. It's about our dad." 

"What about him?" Lincoln asked.

"Dad… He's dead. He died of a broken heart for what he did to you." Lincoln and Darcy's eyes widened from hearing the news about Lincoln and Lily's father's death. "His last favors was for us to find you, so you can say your goodbyes at his funeral. That's all he ever wanted."

Lincoln had some thoughts about it. He wasn't entirely sure about going back to the town that was once his home, and of where the tragedy that he went through rose, same thing for Darcy. So, he decided to share them with Lily. 

"I'm sorry, but I can't." Lincoln said, turning his head away from Lily.

"What?!" Lily said, shocked.

"Look, Lily, don't get me wrong, as much as I would like to come, but I'd rather not, I'm happy with my new life and new family. Besides, Royal Woods brings me back lots of bad memories. I'm sorry, but I can't."

"B-but-" Lily said, but Lincoln raised his hand, silencing her. 

"I still can't forgive them for what they did to me… I don't want to go back… I'm sorry." Lincoln said. 

Lily, however, continued to beg Lincoln to come back to Royal Woods with her. She even refuses to leave unless he does. As much as Lincoln and Darcy do not want to because of the demons of their past, they both knew that Lily was desperate for her only brother to come with her. Lincoln sighed in defeat. 

"Alright, Lily, we'll go to Dad's funeral." Lincoln said.

"Thanks, brother. Dad would appreciate it." Lily thanked him.

And so, Lily helped Lincoln and Darcy gather their kids and Alayus, and Lincoln and Darcy go into their car and drive off to Royal Woods, with Lily behind them in her own car. 

End of Chapter 3