CHAPTER VI

Natasha softly smiled watching a navy blue bird minding it's own business on a branch as Sam Wilson, the other bird-watcher beside her, went on about the bird's species family and facts she didn't care to listen to.

It was after school and she was hanging out with Clint's friends. She had an agenda of her own of coming to join them at the park. It had to be pretty obvious.

Clint and Sam rambled on while she lowered her binoculars more, until her sight reached the two boys near the lake. Specifically Bucky. And her soft smile turned mischievous. She zoomed in on his body, then his ass. "Hm."

"Interesting isn't it?" Sam asked.

"Yes. Very interesting," was Loki's entrance as he blocked her view so all she saw through the binoculars was his chest.

She groaned and put off the binoculars from her eyes.

He smiled innocently at her. "I did not know you were this perverted, Natasha."

She kicked sand at him.

"Nat, you alright?" Clint asked in concern before she shoved the binoculars to his chest.

"I'm going to hang out with your other besties, see what they're up to." She marched away, finally, approaching Steve & Bucky.

She mastered a sweet smile at the two. "Pet store boys. How you doing?"

Bucky chuckled. "Not too bad. Didn't know Clint was a mutual friend."

Steve smiled. "Taking care of your new pet? What'd you name it?"

"I... named it Loki," she said dryly.

"Loki. I like it."

"As he should," Loki drawled. "It is a name to be prideful of."

"Loki is an idiotic name after all so maybe I'll change it," she replied to Steve with a nonchalant smile.

"How dare you?" Loki snapped. "You disrespect me. I question this friendship at times."

"Good," she bit back. And the sane boys looked at her funny. Loki moved in the corner of her eye and she attempted to ignore him. "Bucky, I want you to take me to the dance."

Bucky's eyebrows rose to his hairline. "Oh shit. Really?"

"You two going to prom?" Steve looked between the two.

Bucky stared at her for a long moment with a wince, as he was torn between two choices she knew.

"He does not like you back, clearly," Loki commented in amusement but she ignored his entire being.

Bucky shook his head. "Look, I'm sorry, Nat, but Yelena did ask me first."

Loki was very entertained, walking around them to stop beside Bucky and stared him down, absolutely pleased. "I do love this teenage nonsense."

"No, Natasha," Bucky winced a little. "The answer is no."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What kind of Homecoming Queen doesn't have a date? Imagine me being crowned Queen dancing with a King who isn't even my date," Natasha blabbered on as she was balance-walking on the ledge by the park on the way home while Loki walked on the pave.

"Human teenagers never cease to disgust me with their superficial concerns." He stared up at her with a slight grimace. "That includes you."

"You're, like, over a hundred years old so shut up."

He laughed mirthfully. She made a fair point.

She stopped to give him her full attention. "You said you are going to make me Queen. I'm sure no one is going to vote for me anyway. You will make me Queen."