𝐚 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

chapter three recap

I look at her for a second but between the smirk and her one questioning, raised eyebrow, there's no way she expects me to actually look her in the eye, right?

"Look at me." I was wrong.

I try to look at her again, and I almost do when she takes a finger and pushes my head up, impatience setting in.

"We should work on that, shouldn't we, darling?"

I just gulp and nod. She giggles before going to speak again, "I'm throwing a gala. It's in two weeks."

"Oh, that's nice. Wait, where on earth would you get the money to throw a gala? You know you go overboard with these things and then we get into some kind of shenanigans, I can not  fight another old lady-"

She bursts into laughter before kissing me again, "Shut up, Sunny."

one week later

Beau's POV

"Sunny, I thought you were going to help me with the decorations?" I pout hard so he feels bad.

"Oh... Did I say that? I don't remember," he says as he mindlessly scrolls though his phone.

I roll my eyes. Ever since he got out the hospital, he's been on his phone all day. Sun up to sun down. I'm tired of it. Where's my attention at? I nurse and care for him day in and day out and this boy barley looks my way for more than 4 seconds. You know what-

I stride over to him and pluck his phone out of his hands.

"Hey! Why'd you do that? Give it back." I run around the room while he chases me around.

I stand on a chair so it's out of reach. He rolls his eyes and scoffs.

"Can I have my phone back, love?

"Grey Sunny Solis-"

"Sunny isn't my middle name, but continue." He smiles, amused.

I fake a smile and I hop off the chair.

I place my hand on his cheek and caress it, then I let my hand wander to the back of his neck before harshly pulling it towards my face, "You forget your place, Grey."

I lean back and take his hand, putting his phone in it, "Unless you've been poisoned and this phone is the antidote, I want my Sunny back. Understand?"

I look at him and he still seems dazed, staring off into the floor. Grabbing his chin, I make him look into my eyes.

"I asked if you understood, Grey."

He nods.

"Words."

"Yes.. I understand."

"Good," I say, "now come and help me these decorations, yeah?"

I go back outside to grab more boxes out of the car with Sunny following behind me.

"Excuse me, Sir. Are you Grey Solis?" A voice says.

Our heads turn in unison towards the voice and see a tall, slender Asian woman.