Part 9: A Date Gone Wrong

As I entered the surf shop I saw Cali and Josh there. They seemed to be in an argument. I walked over to the boxes of new surf suits and started to put it up on the shelves. Sometimes having extreme hearing isn't the greatest. No matter how hard I try to ignore people's conversations I always seem to get myself stuck in the middle.

"Josh you can't just assume someone is an Alien, that's not cool!" Cali said to Josh.

"Well, I'm not assuming. It's just.. He's like a pro at basketball! Like NBA material. And he's new here." Josh said.

Could they be talking about Dean? I hope it's not Dean. My stomach started to twist. I needed Dean. I need my friends. I need to be able to live here in peace.

"He's our friend. So you're not going to do anything about it! You got it?" Cali exclaimed.

"I know. I would never do that. I won't bring it up again." Josh said touching Cali's hand.

"Thank you." Cali said with a smile on her face.

She leaned in to kiss him then he left the shop. Once Josh left Cali skipped over to help me put the suits on the shelves. It goes by way faster when there are two of us doing the work.

"So, you going on that date with Dillan tonight?" Cali asked.

I felt my cheeks start to burn and butterflies filled my stomach.

"Yeah, he's going to show me around town." I replied.

Cali smiled and went into the back of the shop. She came out with a box in her hands and handed it me.

"Open it!" She said joyfully.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Just open it! I got you something and you better love it because it's from me!" Cali said while jumping up and down.

I looked down at the box and started to remove the top of the box.

"Surprise! It's a new bikini!" She yelled as I pulled out the Coral colored bikini.

"Just to add a little color to your suit collection" She said while smiling.

"Thank you so much Cali!" I responded.

'ding'

Dillan entered the shop.

"Hey Stra! You ready to go?" Dillan asked

"But it's only five." I said in shock.

"Surprise! I'm letting you off earlier so you can go on your date with Dillan!" Cali said pushing me towards him.

"Well, great! Let's go!" I told Dillan.

We waved good bye to Cali and left the Surf Shop. In front of the shop there was a green jeep. Dillan opened the door and let me in. Then walked in front of the jeep and got in on the other side. We started driving out of the town. I had no idea where he was taking me!

I looked out the window while Dillan drove. We drove pass a bunch of tall green trees. There were no other cars on the road. Every once in a while I would see a deer leap through the trees. They looked so elegant and beautiful. Dillan reached over to hold my hand. His hand felt rough, but very warm. It fit perfectly with mine.

I looked down and watched his thumb run up and down my hand. I tried to hide my smile as best I could and looked in front of us. We were approaching a big city.

"I thought you were going to take me around the town?" I said laughing at Dillan.

"I thought so too, but then I figured why not take you to the big city and show you around!" He said as he brought my hand up to his lips and gently kissed it.