Prologue

Cover art by @c0picwhore on Instagram.
A zero instead of the o :)

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my work, It's been a long while since I've written so please if you've got any pointers I'm all ears :) I'll apologize in advance for spelling errors or bad formatting ahead of time.

This story stems from the fact that I've just been playing way too much Apex Legends and was inspired to maybe try something like that for Bnha. You don't have to have any knowledge of Apex to read this though, it's just the inspiration for the world this takes place in I guess.

Setting:

As the population slowly developed inhuman powers, the world changed for the better and for the worst. At first heroes watched over cities and homes but there was an uprising that left the world in shambles. The Higherlands are where the rich and privileged live, while the lower to midclass population live in the Lowlands, the slums being the most populated region. Now there is a new blood sport that has arisen, death for the entertainment of others.

The UA Games were created by the underworld as a new form of gambling. A kill sport held in simulated cities, with real people fighting to the death. Though to keep the fatalities low they higher ups came up with a clone memory transfer system. As time went on the Games gained more notoriety and that is when the Legends were born. Being a Legend is the highest ranking in the games, and those who bear the title are only to battle with other legends.

The allure of participating is to achieve the rank of Legend and the money and fame that comes with it. Though some just play for the thrill.

The Legends: Top 10

1. Shoto Todoroki

Age: 19

Quirk: Half-cold Half-hot

Todoroki is the second of the family to be a Legend, though in his case his father groomed him to jump to the top of the UA games. He thrives in an emotionless way as he is the number 1 Legend of the games and has not be surpassed in over a year. Though family, the Todoroki brothers are nasty towards each other in the games and when in battles will always focus on taking the other down.

2. Dabi Todoroki

Age: 24

Quirk: Cremation

Dabi is another ruthless killer in the games. After escaping his abusive household he is left with nothing, but when another legend finds him on the streets he was convinced to join in the games as well. His tactics in the games are torturous and he tends to leave his victims to writhe in pain til the very end. He uses his place as a Legend to prove himself in a way to taunt his father.

3. Katsuki Bakugou

Age: 19

Quirk: Explosion

Bakugou joined the games on his own free will, the promise of fame and thrills was too seductive compared his life back at home. Though in a middle class home with near no serious issues (other than his own superiority complex) he just found it dull. A life of mediocrity that he couldn't stand to live anymore, he wanted more, deserved more than to be mediocre. He worked hard and made his way to the top, beating the record of youngest Legend when he achieved the title at 15.

4. Izuku Midoriya

Age: 19

Quirk: One for All

Midoriya was never forced but also was not willing to join the games, as the son of the creator of the games he felt that is was part of his duty to be apart of the bloodbath. Though he is a sweet boy outside the ring he is no force to be reckoned with in the ring. His passion for his team comes first in all rounds though, no man left behind.