Chapter forty four: The Tunnel

''I knew we shouldn't have trusted them.'' Carson stated pacing, Jonathan was now up sitting with Alex on his lap next to the twins, Amber came over with Timothy she looked at him ''They didn't take anything, and they didn't hurt us.'' Evin stated almost yelling at him ''No but they did leave us with a toddler and babies.'' Carson stated angerly, Jonathan could tell they were scared at them nearly yelling ''Guys.'' he stated ''So what, we'll take care of them.'' Evin stated, Jonathan looked over to Monte who got up from the bench and walked over seperating the two as they got closer and louder ''Shut it, both of you, we can't do much about it now.'' Monte stated getting them to quiet down, Carson glared and turned walking down the platform while Evin turned and walked over to Jonathan seeing the kids and forgot his tenseness about Carson.

''Hey, Evin's a detective.'' Jonathan stated and looked to Evin ''Do you have your badge?'' he asked, Evin thought and nodded walking over to his bag, Amber looked at Monte while petting Neptune's soft brown fur ''Is Monte a soldier?'' Jon looked to her and smiled looking over to Monte ''He's a good soldier, the other soldiers are mean.'' Amber nodded and looked to Timothy who looked down holding the small action figure he managed to get when coming in, he found it on the ground outside at the top of the steps. Evin came back and crouched down to them before opening the badge smiling, Timothy's eye's widened seeing it ''Can I hold it?'' he asked, Evin nodded handing it to him, Timothy put the action figure under his arm and took the badge seeing his name ''Your last name is Dragon?'' Evin nodded with a slight smile, Timothy looked at the badge ''That's so cool.'' he stated amazed ''You can hold onto that if you want.'' Evin offered seeing how much he liked it, Timothy smiled and hugged Evin catching him off guard.

Evin froze a bit before hugging him back, Timothy pulled away and looked at the badge some more. They looked over to where the stairs were, along with the horses blocking it and Monte walked over raising the gun, he looked over the horses seeing flashlight's and motioned for Vivian to move, she went over passing behind him ''LJ, move.'' he whispered, LJ got up and pulled his bag over along with Jon's. Monte moved closer to the horses lowering the gun thinking it was the bikers, once they got to the bottom he could see what they were and ducked fast as they shot, the bullet's hit the light's above him and the horse, Nugget ran away from the noise as Innocence fell ''On the tracks!'' he yelled, Jon got up setting Alex down and moved the thing's down over the babies and picked the seat's up ''I got him go.'' Monte stated running over seeing Jon trying to make sure Alexander followed. Monte picked Alex up and went to the track's dropping down as everyone jumped down, Vivian held Amber's and Timothy's hands as they ran first, then it was Carson, then Jonathan with the babies, Monte and Evin ran beside each other in the back.

The soldiers moved over Innocence putting him out of his misery as they went into the darkness of the tunnel, Monte turned looking back as Evin stopped and took Alex from him, Monte checked the gun before turning and running with them, he slowed down a bit taking a flashlight out and ran with them shinning the light at their feet's so they could see where they stepped, Alex kept his head on Evin's shoulder as they went down the tracks, Jonathan kept the seats as still as he could while moving having to slow down a bit, he looked around before seeing a door on the side of the tracks with a small light above it, he looked back before going up the small step's and set Benjamin down and tried the door pulling it open, he picked Ben up again and turned holding it open with his foot while Carson went in looking around, Vivian lead the kids in, Neptune ran in beside LJ, Evin and Monte went in, Jon moved the twins inside and let the door shut behind him, they stayed quiet and Jon leaned back a bit listening agains the door hearing the soldiers run past, Jon lowered the seats shutting his eye's then grabbed his side, Monte noticed and went over to him.

He moved the twin's back a bit and held his side while helping him over to the table that was in the room, Jonathan bit his lip while LJ went over and took his bag off moving his shirt up a bit, Jon held his left hand in a fist moving it to the side and LJ found this weird, he went to grab it but Monte grabbed LJ's arm ''I need to talk to you.'' he whispered under his breath and pulled LJ to the side. Evin set Alex down and brought him over before looking at his side seeing it wasn't bleeding, LJ stepped back and looked at Monte in shock then looked over to the two in disbelief Monte turned him away from them ''Me and you are the only one's who know obviously, so just, be quiet about it.'' he stated and stood up straight looking at him, LJ looked at him then nodded and turned going back to him ''It's not bleeding so that's good yeah?'' Evin asked whispereing, LJ nodded and looked at him then to Jon as he put his head back.

Carson walked over looking at what they were doing ''What happened?'' he asked curiously, Evin looked at him ''He fell on rebar.'' he stated and turned back to Jon holding his right hand, Alexander looked over to the door, holding his blanket scared, Amber noticed this and went over going on her knee's next to him ''You wanna draw?'' she asked handing him her notebook, he looked at her then nodded, she smiled and let him sit down beside her.