Chapter sixty three: The Project

Monte looked around at the light's they hung up around the mall standing on the far side of where their main living area was, he turned and looked outside at the blizzard that was still going on ''You think it'll work?'' Evin asked standing with him ''Only one way to find out.'' he stated seeing they were all tired spending hours on getting the light's up up, Monte turned to door's beside them having the sensors set up outside from when the military found their way in, he plugged the light's in and stood up seeing them only turn on from the third light above him ''Seriously?'' he looked over to Evin while he walked over and stepped up on the chair that was set up there reached for the fourth light turning it a bit and let them light up all the way down the long hall seeing them turn and the rest followed through, Evin stepped down smiling and turned to the two ''Sometime's there's a lose one that break's the circuit.'' he expalined before they started walking to check the other light's.

Shawn stepped out into the hall seeing the chirstmas light's light up, he had seen them putting them up earlier but didn't think it would work in lighting the whole mall up, Angel went over to him ''Do we trust them?'' she asked, Aviana looked over to them then turned to Mia ''I'll be back.'' she stated and went around everyone leaving through the other entrance of the store and walked down the hall, she looked down hurting her heal and leaned down taking her heal's off and contiued walking. She looked around for Jonathan or Monte, she could tell one of those two were in charge here, Aviana turned the corner and bumped into LJ causing him to drop extra light's, he looked up seeing Aviana and curled the corner of his mouth up ''Hi.'' he said and crouched down gathering the light's and saw she wasn't wearing shoes and got up looking at her.

''I'm looking for whoever's in charge?'' LJ smiled hearing that and swallowed before opened his mouth ''Uh, I honestly don't think anyone's in charge really, but I guess that'd be Monte?'' he stated guessing and looked to her, she nodded and smiled to him walking around him, she reached up taking her hair out of the bun letting her dark brown hair fall past her shoulder's ''Uh, wait.'' LJ said thinking through his options and set the light's down against the wall, Aviana turned and moved her hair behind her ''If you want I could take you to get some new shoes, one's that don't have you walking on tiny polls.'' Aviana smiled and looked at the heals before looking to LJ ''That'd be nice, do clothes come with the offer?'' LJ smiled and nodded ''Yes, and I saw a store that Vivian and Amber haven't been to yet, all brand new clothes they don't have so thing's won't get mixed up.'' Aviana smiled and nodded following after him as they walked the opisate way.

Jonathan opened the door letting Vivian push a couple of boxes inside the room, it was comepletely empty and perfect for the kids ''Should we put up rules?'' Jon asked looking to her, she shook her head while Jon set the lantrun down ''Nah, let them do what they want.'' she explained and looked over to him, Jon went over and opened one of the boxes seeing the light's, he looked around then looked outside ''We'll need to connect these to sensors.'' he stated not seeing a way for them to conect it with the sensors ''What if we brought it over to the sky light?'' she asked looking at him, Jon smiled and nodded ''Yeah.'' Jonathan stayed inside the store while Vivian left carrying two sensors and stopped at the railing under the sky light and looked up seeing it was getting enough sun light from here and set them down before walking back to the store.

Carson headed downstairs and went over to where Connor and Lynn were ''Hey.'' he stated and looked at them, Lynn smiled holding her baby while Connor looked at him ''What would you guy's wanna eat for a bbq?'' Connor's eye's widened a bit then he became confused ''Bbq?'' Lynn asked, Carson nodded ''My chef skill's are going to waist just eating canned food and there's steak and I believe hamburgers, I'm not sure.'' Lynn was a bit confused still ''There's a walmart on the other side of the mall next to a Micheals.'' Connor's face livened up ''Can I come with you?'' he asked, Carson looked to him ''You know how to shoot?'' Connor dimmed down a bit ''No.'' he stated and hung his head, Connor could see he really wanted to ''What about using a knife?'' Connor looked at him ''I could give you the knife and the flashlight and you could watch my back while we go to the staff area and get the light's on in that store?'' Connor smiled a bit ''Yeah.'' he stated and got up from the chair, Carson took his knife out and handed him the flashlight before moving the beach bag he found in the store ''We'll get you a bag like this and you could help me wheel a bbq to the centre of the mall.'' Connor nodded and looked to Lynn ''I'll be ok, go.'' he smiled and turned back to Carson as they walked down the hall.