𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 - 𝙶𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚝𝚢

(In the Evening)

I was walking back home, planning how to install that app on Joe's phone, without him suspecting me. I was lost in my thoughts when I bumped into an older guy, he was pretty stern. He looked at me closely and a smile came over his face. His face seemed familiar to me. 

"You haven't changed have you?" he said.

"Do I know you, Mister?"

"You don't have to know me. (pause) How's Mary?", after he said Mom's name, a thought came over my mind which I never imagined happening.  

DAD???

Because nobody ever called mom, Mary. Dad was the only one who called her that. 

"Are you...." before I could finish, he said,

"I'm Wallace." and he just walked away. "Umm....excuse me.." I said but he didn't turn back. 

I didn't bother thinking about him because I had to find a way to get Joe's phone for a few minutes. I reached home and I saw Mom leaning against the wall and kissing Joe.

Ugh! Grown-ups! Get a room, guys. Well, at least Mom deserved some action after Dad's death, but fuck you, Joe. 

I walked into my room and was going through my plan. 

1. Keep Joe busy with Mom.

2. Download the app and act as nothing happened. 

Well, I need to do it quickly and cautiously. But, if I get caught. Well, I'll just leave it at 'if I get caught'.

(After Dinner) 

It was my turn to do the dishes today. 

"Mom, can you and Joe do it today. I have homework left." I said.

"Sure. (pause) Honey, you gonna help me?" she said and looked at Joe.

"Of course. Anything for you babe." 

What an asshole!!  and he smiled at her, Mom laughed and kissed him and walked into the kitchen. A few minutes later, Joe got up from the table and walked into the kitchen as well. While he was walking, he left his phone on the couch. I quietly got up from the table and walked over to the couch and I picked up his phone. 

Luckily, I remember his password but I hoped he didn't change it. I drew the pattern and it opened. 

Thank you, God!  

I downloaded the app and I connected his phone to mine. 

Wow! It went pretty well. 

"Honey, have you seen my phone?" and I was startled, Joe came back and was looking for his phone. I quickly put the phone under me and acted like I was busy on my phone. 

"Eli, you heard me?" he said.

"What?"

"I said, have you seen my phone?" 

"Nope!"

"That's weird. I kept it on the couch before I went." I stood up and I acted as I looked around. 

"Look, I found it. I was sitting on it all along." I laughed, I picked it up and handed it to him. 

"You okay?" he asked.

"Totally! Why? What's wrong?" 

"You seem a little, I don't know. (pause) Never mind. Good night." and he kissed me on my forehead.