Facing Darkness

Oh Sweet Lies...

People lie.

It’s true, they do. It’s a proven fact. They do it all the time, every day, all day. They don’t stop. They lie to their neighbors, their friends, to that sweet lunch lady that hands you your crappy sloppy joe sandwich for lunch every day, and especially to themselves. I think some even prefer it that way. Most people don’t even think about it, all these lies they tell, and for those that do, most don’t care. Only a small handful actually stop to think and repent, but then go right back on to telling those lies only to repeat the process over again. And what good does that do? In my honest opinion, it doesn’t do squat. This whole world is made up of lies, a whole intricate web of them. Where did all the lying start? I have no idea. What I do know is that people lie so much that they often lose themselves in the process, lost in their own lies. It’s sad, pathetic even, but the worst of it is, they don’t even know it. They’re already lost, lost in the darkness, with no light or kind hand to guide them out, no sense of self-preservation. Not even the sense to run. How do I know this? Because I watch it happen, every single day. I watch a lot of things. That’s the key word about me; watch. I never step in to help, and I suppose that’s on me. Who am I? My name is Sylver, and welcome to my world.  

AN~ I do love comments and like to hear feedback/criticism, etc, and I love to know what people think so feel free to post a comment if you want! ;p Happy Reading!