(2) Past

The song above is Final Song by MO

You can read ahead on Patreon. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2102

Two years before 

Two years before 

"I can't believe you don't want to visit me," Lily said over the phone. I could imagine her pouting. "I haven't seen you in so long...I miss you."

I was flicking through books in the bookstore, hoping to find a certain textbook for my psychology assignment. "I know, I know but I have a very important essay to write. I can't afford to be sloppy." 

She sighed and pondered over what to say. I knew would give in. Lily knew how important my course was to me. 

"Fine," Lily relented, releasing a long breath. "But you better come and visit me next month. I want to see you, in person.

"I will, I promise." That wasn't the first time I promised something to her and then let her down. I wasn't very good at keeping promises. 

I did feel guilty about messing my sister around. Aside from our Aunt and our half-sister, we only had each other. We barely saw our Aunt and Trinity didn't want a lot to do with us. We only saw her when her mate, Alpha Wyatt contacted us. 

"I have to go, Lily. I'll speak to you soon," I said and hung up. 

When I couldn't find the book, I grew frustrated. 

Just as I was about to give up and call it a day, I spotted a worker hovering around one of the bookshelves, putting away books. He had messy brown hair and large glasses. He looked cute. 

I approached him quickly, hoping to nab him before somebody else did. I was desperate to find this book. 

"Excuse me, do you think you can help me find this book?" I asked him politely. 

He snapped his head in my direction. His brown eyes drank me in and when he saw I noticed - since it was obvious - he blushed. It was the first time a guy had acted like that towards me.