(3) Present

The song above is Lovers On The Sun by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin

You can read a few chapters ahead on Patreon. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 1885

It took a while for me to adjust to my Aunt's home

It took a while for me to adjust to my Aunt's home. Everywhere I looked, there was a reminder of my life. 

Photos of myself and Lily were dotted around everywhere. They were reminders of what I couldn't remember. 

When I woke up the following morning, I sat in bed for a while and stared at the wall in front of me. 

I was like a blank canvas. There were no memories aside from the hospital. I didn't know what my hobbies and interests were. I had to relearn everything again. 

When I asked my Aunt Mable what I liked to do, she pinched her lips and thought about it for a long moment. 

"Psychology," She said first, sounding certain of that. She nodded her head, agreeing with herself. "You were fascinated by that. That's what your degree is on. When I last saw you, you wouldn't stop blabbering about it." 

I remained silent, listening to her intently. 

"I think you liked to read. It was one of the few things you and Lily had in common," She added, this time her eyes held sadness. It was at that moment more than ever that I wished I could remember my twin. 

"Were - were me and Lily close?" I asked, hesitantly. 

"Yes. When you were children, you were practically inseparable. As you got older, you did go off alone a little bit. I noticed after..." She paused, choking on her own words. Several emotions flashed in her eyes. I patiently waited for her to find her words. "After your parents died, you drifted apart for a while. You claimed you wanted space so I sent you to different boarding schools." 

I was shocked to hear this. I willing wanted to be away from my twin after such a tragedy? What on earth brought that on? 

"I don't know the specifics but one day, Lily called me, sounding distraught, and asked if she could transfer to your school. From then onwards, you two were close again." She finished, dabbing the corners of her eyes.