Eight.

If you've ever been swimming and felt something touch your foot, then you probably can maybe guess what Leta was thinking right about now.

If you've ever been shoved under the water without warning, you probably know even better.

But I'm not sure you can fully understand what it's like to be drug into the water by an unknown something unless it's happened to you personally. Hell, even I don't know what that's like.

I should probably introduce myself before we continue with the story. No, I am not some divine interventionist who will jump in at last moment to save our main character. I am not God. And if you call me the narrator I will personally find you and curse you in public. Those guys are so pretentious. If you must think of me as something, then I am the voice in your head that tells you not to jump off a bridge after my... "associate" tells you to. The only thing I am here for is to keep you all safe, and hopefully alive.

For now, my focus is on Leta. Yeah, she's about to gasp as soon as her head is underwater, pulling somewhere around a quart of water directly into her lungs, which would definitely make you drown. You see, the thing with cold water shock is you don't really need to take in but a few teapoons of water to start choking and gasping for air, which doesn't help at all. This is why your body will legit begin collapse your lungs before taking a breath underwater. It hurts, but it's affective in trying to get you out of the water. Quick.

I'm gonna tell her to hold her breath.

I hope she listens