Chapter 4

*Du-ring du-ring*

The sound of a ringtone goes off as you and Scana exit the apothecary's. You're a little confused because you hadn't expected to hear a ringtone while visiting this town.

Ah... why is that...? Oh, it must be because it doesn't seem like the residents here would want to be around anyone else. Of course, of all the people to fit that sentiment, it would definitely be Scana... you wonder who's calling her.

The young woman fishes the phone out of her bag (wouldn't you normally put it in your pocket?) and scowls after a look at the screen. To your surprise, she answers anyways.

"What do you want, Doc?" Scana answers without a single greeting. Huh, she must know this person pretty well.

But ah! You catch yourself and turn your drone in the opposite direction plus up to the sky. Let's do our best to consider others' privacy, okay~?

If you have the choice to mind your own business anyways. Because, although you can't hear the other side, you sure can hear Scana's clear as day.

"I got your stupid herb. What more do you want?"

"Huh? You want me to find a buddy of your's? Why should I? And I hope I don't have to tell you that locating me by GPS is just creepy."

"...Really, huh? So you're that desperate."

"Alright, alright, I get it already. I already decided."

"Sure, I'll find your friend. But I will hold you to your word."

With that, Scana doesn't wait for a goodbye either. You hear the snap of her phone shutting. Then-

"Hey! Let's go."

You whirl the drone around, surprised she actually called for you this time. Normally, she just walks away... then again, she did call out to you in the apothecary's so is it out of character or not??

"What are you facing away for? Weird," Scana says, looking suspicious. "Did you see something over there?"

Damned if you think about someone's privacy and damned if you don't, huh...

Scana takes a single second longer to stare at you and then simply walks away. "Follow me. Last stop for the day."

Ah, you're getting left behind again... but it's nice she said something! Still, not knowing where you're going is starting to leave you with a burning curiosity...

The two of you wind your way through the gloomy streets again. It's quiet as ever but you think you're getting the hang of not talking. Maybe you'll get used to being quiet... and this feeling like everything's going wrong?