Chapter 6

When you wake up, the world is blurry, your cheek feels squished, and your hand feels a little wet.

Sitting up, the slight throbbing in your head confuses you but the familiar, if blurry, sight of your cluttered bedroom is comforting. When you pick up your glasses, which must have fallen off your face when you passed out, the comforting sight also becomes a little concerning. You've really gotta wash your bedsheets soon and throw all the dirty clothes on the laundry chair in a basket. The books on your desk can stay where they are though...

...but ahhh, passing out from white noise hasn't happened in awhile. You sit back in your chair, musing and trying to rub away your headache.

You're normally much more careful to stay out of crowds or keep your distance. One might say you were careless but meeting someone whose thoughts race so violently, intensely, and rapidly isn't so common. Or at least, you thought you were used to it by now.

After all, it's so normal that it's sickening how normal it is.

Actually, the whole 'used it to it' thought may be a lie. You wouldn't be using a drone if you really thought that.

...

Ah right! What happened after you passed out? How much time has passed? Did Scana's meeting go well? Are you still in the meeting room or did she take you to wherever else she might have gone?

Questions and more questions swirl around your head as you shake your mouse and wake up the computer. Well, the fact that your computer fell asleep is good since it means the drone wasn't using up its power.

The last time you passed out like this, you had to wait for the solar panels to charge the battery enough to wake the drone up. Luckily, no one had stolen or taken apart the drone in that time but, man, you'd rather not take the chance again.

Then again, with Scana around, she's definitely looking after your drone. She had to lug this whole junk of a contraption all the way to this room and the way she kept looking back to make sure you were following and even asking after your health multiple times- she'll definitely give you a lecture but she wouldn't leave you behind.

Sometimes words are just words but her small actions still made the difference.

The thought fills your heart with warmth, which remains in your chest as you navigate menus to operate the drone once more.

What appears through your drone's camera is a small room sparsely furbished with just a bed, a desk and chair, and curtained windows. You're not sure what your drone is sitting on but a dresser wouldn't be out of the question if you assume a lot of the occupants stay for awhile...

Also, there are no decoration on the walls, not even a small poster or painting. Did she book a room in the same motel? Does that mean the meeting went well? You don't think Scana would have stayed here for that person's comfort if it didn't.

Outside the balcony doors, there's complete darkness. A quiet rumble of thunder makes it sound like another storm's going to visit the town soon. It's a little intimidating. The only light source seems to be a small lamp. Its soft light shines upon Scana, who is flipping pages and writing in her notebook. She's dressed in blue-striped pajamas and a night cap. It's... so cozy and cute on her? Ah, that shouldn't be a question.