14.

Think about mental illnesses like any other illness or health condition and bring them into the open.

Talk about mental illness openly with everyone you meet - it is surprising how many people are affected by mental illness, particularly the highly prevalent disorders of depression and anxiety.

Educate the community to overcome negative stereotypes based on misconceptions.

Promote mental health and healthy attitudes through childhood and adult life.

Support the development of resilience: learn ways to deal with stress in relationships, situations, and events.

Assist friends and family with a mental illness to obtain care and treatment as early as possible.

Ensure high quality support and treatment services are provided to people with mental illness to promote recovery.

Actively support the families and carers of people who have mental illness, who also experience the confusion, distress, and stigma that can accompany mental illness.

Address discrimination in every area of life, including employment, education, and the provision of goods, services, and facilities.

Encourage research into mental illness to assist understanding of how these illnesses affect people and can be prevented and/or effectively treated