5

Jaylenn wakes up with a start. Her heart is pumping against her chest. Another nightmare. It's been a week since they buried her mother. A week and a half since they buried her baby sister. Yet the nightmares of Juliet killing their mother still terrorize Jaylenn. The picture of her own sister slitting their mother's throat and wrist flashing in her brain every time her eyes close. The thoughts of it makes her chest beat against her chest.

Tonight was their third night back in the house. Boxes are stacked against the wall. A house has been secured across town, which is only about twenty minutes away, for the family. Justin decided that would be the best option. The smell and fear of death is just too strong in the house. Tomorrow, well technically today, was the day they would move..

She looks over to the clock. The neon green numbers read 4:38. She looks at the windows and then to the door. Everything is tightly secured. No reason to be awake. She lays her head back onto the pillow and slowly closes her eyes, but the scene flashes again.

"In the eyes of the guilty" a gust of wind yells at her as the windows shake. She stands up and runs out of her room and into Jacob's.

"Jake," she slurs out to her younger brother. He rolls over to the other side of the bed and lets out a grunt. "Jake!" she says a little louder.

"What?" He groans.

"Can I sleep in here?"

"No, go away." He says without thinking and she turns to walk out. "Wait. Jaylenn," he calls to her. She turns back to him and sees him standing up. "Get beside the wall. I don't want you to fall off the bed."

She smiles a bit and walks over to the bed and lays down. "I'm sorry. I was really scared," she says, her legs stretched across the bed.

"I get it. This is how your grief is showing. At least... that's what Dr. Jered said," Jacob says in a sleepy voice, referring to his therapist. He rolls away from her and slowly drifts to sleep. She turns away from him and she watches the wall slither back and forth in front of her eyes.

Slowly her eyes close and she hears her, "Sissy!" Juliet calls her sister. "Help me sissy!"

Jaylenn stands on the bed and steps over her brother not completely sure why she is leaving. "Sissy" she calls again. She walks to the door and opens it. Her sister is standing at the door of her room. "Mommy should have known," she says. "Mommy should have known and then she wouldn't have died. Jacob's next," she turns and walks into her own room and Jaylenn follows her in and then she hears Jacob's feet against the hardwood floor. Juliet is gone.

Instead of it being the room it's a chamber with only a chair in the middle of the room. She walks over to it, her feet moving on their own will, no matter how hard she fights against it. The chair is made of fake steel. She's soon at the chair and she sits down. Julitet makes her appearance, appearing before her eyes. She has a knife in her hand but sits it on Jaylenn's lap. Jaylenn tries to grab it but realizes at some point her hands and feet have been tied to the chair. Juliet opens her sister's mouth and sticks a small wooden piece into her back jaw. Jaylenn feels something wet dripping down her cheeks and realizes she's crying. Sobs are pouring out of her opened mouth.

Juliet picks up the knife and points it at each tooth singing "Eenie meenie miney moe which will be the first to go?" with laughter following "I choose you" she says and the knife stabs into Jaylenn's gum. Her nerves shoot pain all through her body as her little sister pulls out a tooth with the help of the knife.

"Juliet!" she yells through the wood, blood, and knife "Stop" she cries, and Juliet repeats the words back to her in a mocking tone. She pops another one of Jaylenn's teeth out and throws it to the ground. Juliet's focus turns to Jaylenn's hand and begins to pull off fingernails with the knife.