iv.

Sometimes, Rosé can't believe her own life. She's in Paris for fashion week because she was personally invited to the Yves Saint Laurent fashion show by Anthony Vaccarello, which is already insane. Then she posts a picture of the lit-up Eiffel tower to her Instagram story (because hello, it's Paris!) and receives a DM from Halsey asking her if she's seriously in Paris right now and does she want to meet up? Which, obviously, yes.

So now Park Chaeyoung is at dinner, in Paris, with American singer-songwriter Halsey who she's a tad bit obsessed with, drinking a glass of wine and trying desperately to play it cool while Halsey tells her, "Oh, call me Ashley, please!"

"You can call me Rosie, or Chaeyoung, or Chaeng, or anything you want," is her babbled reply.

"You are the cutest fucking person," Ashley tells her, eyes wide as she leans in close to Rosé's face. Chaeyoung beams at her and the girls fall into giggles. Talking with Ashley is like talking to a close friend, even though they've only ever had a few conversations via Instagram's direct messages. She stops worrying about trying to come off as cool and just enjoys listening to Ashley's seemingly endless stories.

"We've literally been here three hours," Chaeyoung informs her new friend after they've devoured dessert and are arguing over the check. "I can't believe it. It felt like thirty minutes?"

"Christ," replies Ashley, staring at her phone's clock in disbelief. "I still have like a hundred things I want to talk to you about!"

The pair decide to go for a walk to take more pictures and put off saying goodbye, their respective managers and bodyguards trailing behind them. Chaeyoung reasoned that it wasn't too late yet, and the YSL show wasn't until evening so she could sleep late. It was nearing midnight, which was much later than she almost ever stayed out in a foreign city. It was weird not having all her members with her this time, because she almost always was with them if she was going abroad. At least Jennie would be coming in three days. Maybe that's why Chaeyoung felt so clingy to Ashley right now: she was a bit lonely.

She told the older girl that, and Ashley scooped her up in a tight hug.

"That's so sweet," she said, muffled into Rosie's hair. "Feel free to cling to me!"

Chaeyoung squeezed her back and tried to ignore the tears pricking the corners of her eyes. She hated being such a crybaby sometimes...

"I'm going to see you tomorrow too! You're here for YSL, right? I'm going to a couple shows during the day, but I'm definitely heading over there for the evening!" Ashley assured her. Chae remembered that Halsey had also been sponsored by YSL in the past and felt comforted knowing she would have at least one friend at the show (who wasn't her manager, that is).

...

Chaeyoung didn't have time to feel lonely the next day. She woke up close to 10am, which was an absolute lie-in for her during a schedule, and stuffed a croissant and eggs down her throat immediately. Her manager came in and they did some work together, answering emails and arranging meetings, then it took hours for Chaeyoung to get ready for the show. Anthony had let her choose several outfits from a line-up and sent them over to her room so she could try them on and pick her favorite to wear tonight. She chose the black leather blazer-dress, which glistened and had fierce pointy padded shoulders. Chaeyoung felt like Rosé, sexy and confident.

The show was great, and Chaeyoung found Ashley quickly in the crush of people milling around the lobby afterwards. They hugged again and air-kissed, laughing and pretending to be extremely chic. Chaeyoung's manager and security fell back a little, letting the girls chat.