Chapter 17

Jackie

 Today is Thanksgiving and Max woke up the whole house extra early to make sure that we make dinner. Which no one was happy about, but when my mom told him we weren't cooking anything until we come back from church. Max was a little confused. I guess Kevin isn't the religious type. Holiday or not my mom will always make sure everyone goes to church.  And I mean EVERYONE. Since my brothers and sister came home for the holidays, they will be here until New Year, oh joy. I have 3 older brothers and one older sister. The oldest brother is 35 and his name is Richard Jr. or Jr, for short, the second are twins and they're both 30 years old. One is named Luis and the other his name Larry. My older sister just turns 26 about a week ago and her name is Esther.

 Ever since they found out I was Max's "nanny" they won't leave him alone. None of my brothers and sister are married yet although my mom does try to press the idea about it on to all of us. I guess Max is their kid they think they would want to have one day. I'm happy they give Max attention because that gives me a break to myself.

 After church, we all went back home to get a start on Sunday dinner. Max was so happy to be able to help out. I'm starting to see he has a love for cooking or maybe he just likes to be able to eat the food while making it at the same time. Once we were done setting up the table everyone took their seats.

 "I'll say grace" My father said while everyone bows their heads.

 "Lord, we---"  Someone was knocking at the door. And my father quickly got mad because he hates to be interrupted during a prayer. 

 "Who the hell is that?" he said getting up and walking towards the door. When he left everyone looked around trying to see if anyone invited someone.

 "Uh... honey do are have room for one more?" My father said walking into the dining room with someone behind him.

 "Yes, I'll go eat an extra plate," mom said getting up.

 "You can sit next to him" my dad said making room for him to pass. That's when I saw him and he quickly made eye contact with me. I didn't think I would see at least ---- well I didn't think when I was going to see him again, but I didn't think he would find out where I lived. Kevin quickly took a seat next to Max on his left side.

 Well, this is weird.

 My mom came back with an extra plate for Kevin.

 "Thank you" he said.

Once everyone was seated there was silence.

 "Well, I think we should all introduce our self's," My brother Larry said "Well I'm Larry," he said starting off. When everyone was done introducing themselves everyone was all ears ready for Kevin to introduce himself.