Chapter 1.

Alyssa's POV

I hear my alarm going off. Great, I think, another day of torture. I sit up, and stretch. I walk over to my drawer and grab my maroon sweater, black skinny jeans, and maroon knee high socks. I brush my straight, dark brown hair, and apply some mascara and a light coat of lipgloss. I pit on my maroon beanie, slip on my brown combats, then I grab my guitar and go to greet the bus.

I see the bright yellow lights of the school bus and get ready. As the doors of the bus open, I step on. One, two three. I say "Hi," to the bus driver as she nods. I look forward at all of my peers. Some of them are whispering and laughing at me, some are sleeping and some are glaring. One of them is just looking at me and pondering. I have never seen him before. I got so distracted while looking at this boy that I did realize I was still standing. The bus jerks forward and I slam into my seat.

I take out my headphones and plug them I and put on the playlist I made, 8:00 a.m. It has Taylor Swift on it. She inspires me because she had a dream and didn't let anything stop her. She was also bullied, just like me. I listen to Mean first. I start to slowly drift away. A freshman taps me on the shoulder when we get to school. I'm the last one out of the bus.

The band room door has two sign up sheets on it. I look at them and walk inside. "Ms. Life? I have a question for you," I say as I enter. "Sure, sweetheart, what is it?" She replies, looking up from her work. "Is there any room that I could use as a practice room? I'm thinking about singing up for the talent show," I ask. She looks interested. "Do you really think you can get over your stage fright before then? It's in a month and a half," she says.

I have been terrified of singing, let alone speaking in front of others since the bullying started. But I'm going to give it a try. I nod yes. "Try room 626, then. Good luck! Oh, I almost forgot... There is another person in there on Thursdays. But other than that, you should be fine," Ms. Life says.
I start walking towards room 626, guitar in hand. Maybe this will not be completely humiliating.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
How did you guys like the first chapter? Don't forget to vote!!!