Chapter 15- Sam's POV

I wake with a startle, not realizing that I wasn't in my own bed. Glancing over, the back of Ava's head is turned toward me. She's still snoring. I touch her shoulder gently, not sure if she needs to be at work. I touch a button on her clock that releases the soft stream of radio music, turning it up bit by bit, but she still doesn't wake up. I turn it off, grabbing her shoulder and shaking it softly, growing more impatient. This causes no result.

I shake my head, pulling her blanket off of my body and walking over to her window.

I spent the night here. I didn't even mean to. I'm still covered in my old clothes from yesterday, crinkled slept on shirt and all. I tear the curtains open, taking caution to keep my voice low when she stirs in bed, her snores coming to an abrupt halt.

"Hey," I whisper. One lesson I've learned is to never be too talkative in the morning around her.

Her hands fly up against her eyes to block out the morning light. "What?" Is her response, followed by a lazy groan.

I stare at her, my back facing the window to prevent the light from hitting her directly. Her hair is a mess, dried drool on the side of her cheek. "I usually have to be at work by now," I inform, "but my boss never comes in until ten, so I'd say we're good." I make the trip over to her side of the bed, sitting on the corner.

"I didn't know when you go to work, and you wouldn't wake up." After I finish speaking, she yanks her blankets over her beautiful face.

"I'm actually really easy to wake up."

I roll my eyes. Maybe if we're playing pretend. The thought makes me laugh. "That is such a lie. I played music, tried to gently wake you up, then I shook you by your shoulders. Also, you sleep talk and you snore."

She heaves an indignant gasp, poking her face out of her blanket. "I do not!"

I stride confidently to her bedside table, snatching her phone. "You see, I knew you would say that. Which is why I decided to to get the videographic evidence." I swipe to her camera, accessing the video I took last night.

Her loud snores fill the air, interrupted by mumbles of sleep-talk. She blushes. "Well, I must have been very tired."

I laugh, putting her phone back. "No joke. You fell asleep on the back of my hand, so my arm was twisted for two hours." I wince, recalling the pain of her face on my hand that had fallen asleep.

She looks away. "Sorry."

I grin reassuringly, flopping onto the other side of her mattress. "It was great, don't worry." Even when I started to feel like my arm was getting taken off, it was still cute.

Ava laughs, voice tired and sleepy. "Great? Really?"

I hum in affirmation into her pillowcase. "Paradise." My words come out muffled, and I feel myself drifting off.

She shakes my arm to wake me back up. "Wake up," she insists.

I sit up in a fluid motion, pulling my knees to my chest. "Why do Fridays have to be so hard to get through?" I whine, standing up.

Ava seems to have some sort of realization. "Sam?" She looks me in the eyes, my favorite thing. "Do you... want to take a shower?"

I scrub my palms over my face, remembering why I was even invited here in the first place. "Oh yeah. That's why I'm here." I nod. "Yeah, let's do it."

I walk over and help her from her cozy, cushiony bed. She then takes me into her bathroom, which is definitely cleaner than mine. The moment she shuts the door, her face takes on an uncertain twist.