Chapter 80: The News of the Cheating Slayer

-chapter eighty-
____________________

SOLACE

"Have you seen the forum?! It's currently exploding because you killed the guardian which we aren't supposed to kill!"

IT ALL started with⁠-

Fighter's Leaderboard - Preliminary Round》
1. Lvl52.Solace (Warrior) - KILLED
2. Lvl53.Theo (Warrior) - 18%

"Anong ibig mong sabihin, kapatid ni kabute?" nakakunot ang noo ni Feyre. "So ano naman ngayon kung napatay ni Sol ang guardian? Hindi ba't 'yan ang objective niyo?"

Cord aggressively shook his head. "No! The guardian is actually hard to kill because of it's ultimate skill. Unless we're level 100 players, it's not a shock but we're not!"

Umikot ang mata ni Feyre. "Oh, eh ano naman kung si Sol lang nakapatay? Is that even a surprise? My beautiful guild leader is hella strong so-"

"You don't get it!"

Dahil sa mukhang itatapon na ni Feyre kay Cord ang buong mesa, pumagitna si Hex sa kanila, kaya naman ang spaghetti na itatapon sana ni Feyre kay Cord ay napunta sa mukha niya. Ngumiwi kaming lahat habang kalmado itong nilinis ni Hex.

"Just explain what's happening. Ano ba ang problema sa results?"

"Yes nga po!" Minerva added. "After all, isn't the quest about killing the guardian."

"No," mahinang umiling si Aisling. "The quest was not to kill the guardian but to get it under 20% or below. Killing is good but with what happened, there are a lot of criticisms."

Criticisms? My blood ran cold. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pero parang ang sama ng salita na 'yon.

I looked at the leaderboard in front of me. My name in gold color, and my avatar spinning in the center of them all. The treacherous and eye-stopping word in large, bold letters with red color hung above my head.

It all started with⁠-

Fighter's Leaderboard - Preliminary Round》
1. Lvl52.Solace (Warrior) - KILLED

"Sol..." napatingin kami sa mahinang tawag ni Irusu. His brows are furrowed as he stared in front of him. "There's a bubbling discussion in the community. It's- It's bad..."

Mabilis na gumalaw ang mga kamay nina Feyre. I opened the community interface and visibly paled at the first discussion that popped out.

▪▪▪

[HOT TOPIC] ODDCREDIBLES LEADER KILLS UNDEFEATED GUARDIAN: CHEATER OR TRUE SLAYER?

by arthruthexpOsed

Players! The preliminary quests for the hottest event, Blood Brawls, have already begun! Following it, there are quite a number of big names that has already finished their quests. There were some expected results and a couple of unexpected ones.

One that caught our eyes, is the slayer's name that topped the fighter leaderboards! Fighters, in order to enter the [Combat Arena] category, must fight the Guardian of a Thousand Souls and have it's HP on 20% or below to succeed. The guardian has been proven to be an S-Class monster, with it's difficulty design specialized for Level 100 and above.