frank ↠ being a shy girl

"Just ask them already! It's not that hard," my friend Leslie said as she shoved me forward a little.

I gave her a glare as I tried to avoid eye contact with the group of guys sitting at this table in the back.

"Please just take my table. I'll take the one you don't wanna deal with or clean the dishes tonight. I'll make a fool out of myself if I take their orders" I whined to her as we bickered in the corner.

I then stopped talking as I saw my manager walk into the main dining area and looked at us confused when she saw that we hadn't greeted them yet.

"Y/N what are you doing? That's your table isn't it?" She whispered to me with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

I bit the inside of my bottom lip to hold back from saying anything and nodded. I began to walk to the table and I could begin to hear what they were laughing about. I heard 3 words. "Party", "Pussy", and "YouTube". Kill me now.

I took a deep breath in and stood at the end of their table.

"Hi, sorry for the wait. Can I get you guys started with something to drink?" I asked with a slight shaky voice.

"Uhhh yeah can we get a Coke, 2 sprites, and 1 lemonade?" A tall boy with curly hair said.

I took a note of those drinks before I was interrupted by one guy. "The fuck I don't want lemonade. Make it a sweetea, babe." The rest of the guys snickered and tried not too laugh which made me give a confused look.

I could instantly feel the heat rise to my cheeks from embarrassment. I started to feel more shy than ever before.

"Oh...that's f-fine. I'll be right back," I answered and quickly turned away and began walking.

"Why you gotta say that to her Frank? She don't even know you bro," I heard one of them say and the rest began to laugh hard.

I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed some cups and began filling up the drinks. Leslie passed by and gave me a head nod asking me what was wrong.

"One of them called me babe," I whispered to her as I nervously put the cups on a tray to carry them out.

Leslie bursted out laughing and I looked at her confused.

"Girl I bet you didn't say shit back huh? You never flirt back"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Not true," I snapped at her jokingly.

"Prove it then...babe" Leslie said as she laughed at the end by using that word.

I felt my cheeks turns red again and I tried ignoring the comment. I don't know what it was about that word that just made me feel so weird inside.

I walked back with the drinks and set the tray down. "Alright here's your drinks. Ready to order?" I asked them as I grabbed my note pad.

"Yeah let me get a cheeseburger with a side of that pretty smile you got there," the same guy from earlier said.

I dropped my pen in the middle of writing down the order once he said that last part.

"Fuck," I whispered to myself as I leaned down to grab it but Frank had beat me to it. I stood back up straight and sighed grabbing the pen from his hand.

"Thanks..." I said finally making eye contact with him.

"See...you don't gotta be scared of me. It's all good," he said with a soft smile.

I giggled a bit at him and nodded starting to calm down my nerves. I took the rest of the orders and once again made my way to the back.

"Oh hell no! I know we did not just watch Frank pull a girl," another one yelled laughing.

:
:

After the guys had gotten their food I stood back at the front of the restaurant waiting for another customer to arrive that I could help. Leslie then joined me and crossed her arms as she leaned back on the wall.

"What?" I asked her as my eyes glanced at her face.

She turned to look at me and said, "You think he's cute right?"

"Um hell yeah. They all are. But Frank definitely knows how to make an introduction. I fuck with it," I answered as I turned to look at him again and then back at Leslie.

Leslie's face turned to a smirk and she stood straight. "Thank me later," she said.

Before I could answer she began walking to the table with the guys.

"No no no no," I whispered nervously and began to look for somewhere to hide.

I saw Leslie begin talking to them and then saw Frank turn to look at me with a smile.

After about a minute she turned around and Frank got up and followed her.

"Umm..hey, you need something?" I said to him.

Leslie gave me a wink and then went to the back room.

Frank nodded and pulled out his card.

"Yeah just paying the bill...um..." he said and then paused looking at my shirt and saw my name tag. "Thanks Y/N," he added with a smile.

I nodded and charged the card through the computer and then he signed the receipt. He pulled out a $20 bill and added a note to it and gave it to me.

I looked at him confused and then read the note. It had his Snapchat on it with his name.

"Let's chill sometime. We could definitely do something this weekend..if you're not working." Frank told me as he put his hands in his pockets .

I nodded but then I paused. I worked this Saturday and Sunday on a night shift.

"Shit- I mean...I'm actually working." I began to say but Leslie came back and interrupted me.

"No you don't babe. I got you, don't worry," she said to me.

Frank laughed and thanked her.

"You got a good friend there," he told me and Leslie laughed as well.

"I guess I do, huh? I'll see you this Saturday Frank." I said with a smile, I then felt my nerves go away but they were replaced with butterflies instead.

A/N: I hope whoever requested this enjoyed reading it. Loved the idea of a shy girl, I definitely can be one sometimes. And honestly, frank would make anybody feel nervous 😉