Chapter 5

"Excuse me, but who are you?" I ask politely, the girl backs away, and looks at me in confusion.

"Adley, are you ok?" She questions.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I ask her again. My mom walks in and sees the girl.

"Naya, what are you doing here?" My mom adds, I look at my mom for help. Not trying to be rude I ask.

"Who is this?" I say shyly, I stare at the unknown girl.

"Adley, this is Naya." Mom looks at Naya, and turns her back to me. She told Naya everything, my amnesia, and the crash. Naya was so taken aback, she sat in a chair near my bed.
   "I'm Naya Collins, your best friend." My mom raises an eyebrow before looking away and sitting down.
"Wait, I thought Christian was my best friend?" I asked my mom. Naya looked at me.

"No." She laughed. "Christian's your-"

"Yes, he is your best friend, you're allowed to have more than one best friend." My mom interrupted Naya. Naya looked at her rudely. Then her eyes look back at me, but she grinned.

"So what do you remember?" She asks me.

"Nothing really, all I know is I'm 17, my name is Adley Parr, I have two parents, two best friends, and a cute little brother. Oh, and a really nice nurse." I smiled. Naya held my hand and grinned at me. My mom sat down in a chair next to my bed on the opposite side of Naya.

"Well, I just wanted to see if you're ok, I'm glad you are. Well besides the amnesia thing." Naya gave me a sympathetic smile, stood up, gave me a hug, and left.

"She seems nice, I can't wait until I remember her." I told my mom, she smiled warmly and took my hand.

"Oh! Honey, I brought you something." She looked through her bag she had next to her, she pulled out a little person. "It's called a doll, you loved this little thing when you were little."

She handed me the doll, and I looked at it. It was very cute, red dress, brown thread for hair, and blue buttons for eyes. As I held the doll, memories of me playing with the doll as a child came to me.

"Monica." I smiled at the doll, it seemed to smile at me always. My mom lit up, and squeezed my hand lightly.

"You remember Monica?" She asks. I nod and smile at my mom.

"I remember playing with her as a kid." I say beaming.

"Do you remember anything else?" My mom asks excitedly. I think for a moment, and look down.

"No, I don't." I say sadly, my mom's smile stays.

"It's ok sweetie, you're going to remember, you will remember everything." She assures me.

Nurse Carol walks in, just a moment later.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Parr, but your daughter should get some sleep." She said politely.

"Yes, you're right." My mom nods, she looks at me and smiles. "Well, honey, I'm going to let you sleep ok? sweet dreams. I'll come back to see you later after work."

She stands up, kisses my forehead, and walks out of the room. Nurse Carol walks over and lays my bed down. She smiles kindly.

"You have such a sweet family Adley, you're very lucky. Sweet dreams." She looks at me, smiles, and walks out of the room.

I slowly become very tired, and soon fall asleep.

I'm sitting up, my hands on this circular thing. Windows all around me, there's not a lot of space. Everything is moving fast around me, my heart rate increases and it's hard to breathe. I get dizzy, and a force pushes me violently to the side. My head hits the window next to me, my arm hits something hard, I feel a crack go through my arm, pain shoots up it quickly. Everything spins all over the place. I scream, and I can't stop. My head flips back, and then forward quickly
and hits something hard. Then everything goes dark.

I wake up screaming, looking around me, I see I'm not in my hospital room. This room looked old and dirty. The walls were peeling, and white fluffs flew all around me.

In the corner stood a man, a man I've never seen in my life, at least I don't think so. I couldn't see his face, from the shadows covering it.

"I see you're not dead like I planned." The man said in a deep gruff voice. He held something that shined, a silver color. I didn't keep my eyes off him as he walked closer. I looked at him sharply. "Well we can fix that."

He looked at me and grins crazily. He walked right up to me and lifted the shiny thing in the air, and he brings it down fast, and into my chest.

I wake up screaming once more, this time I was in my hospital room. I sigh with relief. I looked around, but no one was there. I looked outside to see light come in, the sun was rising above the mountains.

Who was that man? Why couldn't I see his face? And why does he want me dead?